Cannot face Hycosy tomorrow so cancelled it.

Gizzy Kelly

Reaction score
Morning Girls

I know it sounds lame but I cannot face my Hycosy tomorrow so I cancelled it.

I am not sure if I mentioned this to you but the Doctor that we saw at the NHS hospital in Southend last month has really put me off it. When he examined me and did an internal he said that the opening to my cervix is tiny and he did not think that they would be able to get a cathetar in to check the tubes. I could have had it done at Southend on 4th January but it worried me so much I went back to Harley Street and booked it with them privately but I have now cancelled that for tomorrow. I cannot face starting the new year with crap news especially if they cannot insert the cathetar. If that is the case then I will need a Lapcrosopy. I think the other thing that put me off was that hubby could not come with me as he could not take the time off work and I needed someone to drive me home...

I know it is lame but I cannot face it...

I have promised hubby that I will re book it for the next cycle I have which will be in January so I will go ahead with it, but for now I just want to burry my head. I know it is not the right attitude but having a down day with it all really.

Gizzy xx

Aww Hun go you'll be fine, you might just get good news, you'll be alright I promise! :)

Xx

Oh Gizzy sorry you're feeling this way hun! I know it's easy for me to say but I honestly don't think you have anything to worry about, that was just that doctor's opinion and doesn't mean they won't get a cathatar in at all. Surely they would have just have booked you straight in for a laparoscopy if the doctor didn't think they could do a hycosy? Anyway you have to do what you feel comfortable with hun. So take a breather and tackle it in January.

I know it's not the same thing but about ten years ago I went for a smear and the nurse said 'are you really sexually active?' cos I was so tense and wound up she couldn't get the horrible metal thing in!....basically are you frigid!! I was raging at her and for a while thought there was 'something wrong' down there. Since then I've had to have quite a few smears cos of pre-cancerous cells and I'm a bit more used to it and no doctor or nurse has ever said that to me since!

Sorry for the wee story just trying to make you feel better hun. Big hugs chick, you're gonna be fine and did you forget 2012 is gonna be our year??? xxxxx

When I had my hysteroscopy they used something to ripen and open my cervix, I'm sure they'll do the same, the catheter going in bit I didn't even feel the only bit that hurts a bit is when the water goes in but that's just a dull ache like period pain.

Xx

Hiya girlfriend,just wanted to tell you that i had alaporoscopy in April 2007 and conceived in jun of the same year.I think going for alaporoscopy is agood alternative as you will not have to deal with all the other things that you have to deal with now.I had it done and was able to leave hospital same day.I had ageneral anaesthetic.good luck

Oh Gizzy I'm sorry you're giving yourself a hard time. Your Hyscosy isn't going to be nice but so so worth it. Maybe the extra month will help you prepare for it. Big hugs xxx

hope our ok hun, you need to do what feels right for you. enjoy the new year an whatever you are doing to celebrate and then start to think about it all again. Always here to talk hun xxxx

Aw Gizzy :hug:

I always see everything in terms of days before i have my baby when i think of all the obsticles we have to endure.

You need to know what is going on and until you do, you might not be getting any closer to your BFP.

Not knowing the bad stuff, doesn't mean it's not there - just that it can't be treated. And anyway, it might have been good news!

I hope you manage to phone up in the morning and see if the slot is still free, but if not - it's only another month :)

Last edited:
Oh hun, sorry to hear your feeling down.

Obviously you need to give yourself time if you feel you need it. TTC is hard enough without all the added complications too.
You look after yourself sweetheart and take all the time you need and hopefully DH can be off work when you manage to get it rebooked. x

Thanks girls, I feel like such a cop out but i will get it done next cycle definately. I guess if there is an issue then at least it needs to be sorted out. I was interested to see what you had to say Maybe about your cervix being opened. I guess there is only one way to find out.

I think I was a little bit irritated with hubby as well not making 100% effort to get time off work. He is a teacher so it is hard for him to take time off anyway during the week let along in the first week back of term. But he has had so much time off recently for samples, scans, consulations so i cannot be that annoyed with him. Perhaps I was using that as an excuse. Anyway this time next month i would have had it done!

Thanks for all your replies.
Love Gizzy xxxxxxx

sorry to hear your feeling don gizzy,hope you feel better soon and you do get good news after the hycosy. xxxxxx

I know how scary it is hunny, just before I went in to have my op I told hubby I wasnt sure if I could do it, but deep down I knew it was for the best and in the end it wasnt anywhere near as bad as I had thought it would be xx

Right Ladies I am back on track... I have re booked my Hycosy for 26th January 2012. No backing out now plus hubby has managed to get out of work as well.

Thanks for all your words of encouragment!!!!

Follow up appointment at Southend will be March 7th 2012.

Gizzy xxx

Right Ladies I am back on track... I have re booked my Hycosy for 26th January 2012. No backing out now plus hubby has managed to get out of work as well.

Thanks for all your words of encouragment!!!!

Follow up appointment at Southend will be March 7th 2012.

Gizzy xxx

Well done for rebooking hun - once it is done you'll feel so relieved

xxxxxxxxx

lol!

When i saw the thread title i thought - AGAIN?!?!?!?! :shock:

Oooooh it's not far off :) You'll be fine and hopefully the result will be great too xx

You will be fine sweetie, a lot of ladies don't get any discomfort at all. Xx

Hey Gizzy,
I have just got my appt through - I have my appt for the 25th Jan!!!
Good good luck!!!! xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back