Scan Tomorrow

Elliellie

Reaction score
Hi, feeling a bit nervous about 34 week scan tomorrow. I had a low lying placenta at 20 weeks & so having it checked tomorrow to see if it has moved, really hope it has. Also feel nervous as feels as though I haven't seen baby for so long now, just hope all is well. I'm feeling really massive at the moment so scared they're going to tell me that baby is humongous! I am excited about the chance to get another peep at LO though!

Good luck for tomorrow. I'm having a scan at 34 weeks for exactly the same reason - so excited to get a bonus peek at the little one!! Sure all will be well - my consultant said 90% had normally moved by the time they re-scan so odds are in our favour!!

Yeh, I've heard it usually is good news. I was fine until this eve & feeling all excited about seeing baby & then suddenly felt quite nervous! Sure it'll be fine tho, will let you know how it goes.

Good luck Ellie! I am having the same scan at 34 weeks - low lying placentas are obviously quite common at 20 weeks! Let us know how you get on! Good luck honey xx

Snap...another scan for me at 34 weeks too cos of placenta. FX for us all that all is ok and they've shifted out of the way xx

I had a scan at 35 weeks. Couldn't see much cos baby so squished. Defo not as clear as 12 and 20 week scans. Felt bit disappointed. :-( But still recognised a couple of bits like the head and foot. Hope all goes well or you ladies!xx

Good Luck for today, I had a scan on Monday, not as clear as before but still lovely to see bubs x

Thank you all for the messages. You're right in saying that the scan is unclear, did get a cute picture of baby's face though! Unfortunately my placenta is still looking low- trust me to be weird! They said I've got to have another scan at 36 weeks & perhaps an internal scan too & then docs will decide what's best. Feel a bit weird now not knowing what's going to happen, was hoping for a nice water birth but birth plan might have to go out the window now!

Oh no! That's rubbish! :-( it can still move Hun! Sending you lots of good luck and hope it moves in the next couple of weeks for you xx

On a positive note tho, if they say a c sections required then youll know when your bubs will arrive. :) Can definetly prepare yourself more. Although I will keep everything crossed that you get the birth you want and your placenta moves. My sis had same issue but it moved when she went for her 36 week scan and she had normal birth.xx

Thank you ladies! Been reading about c sections & there are definite advantages, wouldn't have to cope with painful contractions or worry about making it to hospital on time for starters! Will just have to wait & see. Saw a guy at the hospital today with his newborn & he was so happy & baby was adorable, reminded me that it doesn't really matter how it gets here, it's the end result that counts!

I totally agree!!! I don't think I would be too disappointed if they said I needed a planned c-section for low placenta. I think I'd feel more comfortable with that than a very rushed emergency one for whatever reason - gives me time to plan and prepare!! Although I am due on April 6th and if they suggest April 1st for a planned one I might stamp my feet and say no as I don't want a 'joke' baby!!! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back