• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nervous about sweep

SamStevens

Reaction score
Have got my sweep at 10.30am today, and I must say I'm getting really nervous now.
Im only 24, and i've never had any kind of internal examination, smear test or anything like that before.
I know I'm just going to have to put up with it as it will be a lot worse when I'm in labour!
It sounds silly but I can cope with it when I'm in labour coz I won't care then.
Am just really nervous about todays 'inspection'.
Anyone got any tips on how to cope/get through it???
X

Lay on the bed, try to relax! I know it's hard. Close you're eyes and just think, I need to do this to get my baby out. Good luck xxx

Just relax its harder for her to complete it if ur not relaxed xx

Good luck hun, your be fine. It is important to try and relax though xx

Hey Hun I'm 24 also n never had a smear etc I had a sweep on thurs n I don't know what I was so worried about. It took 5 seconds and was just a little uncomfortable, it didn't hurt me and although I thought I would feel embarrassed I didn't as it is just an everyday thing for a midwife and I am sure u will be put at ease xxx

I hate internals and I tend to talk all the way through, inane stuff mostly just to have something else to think about. Remember to breathe though hunny, holding your breath won't help you relax.

Hope it goes ok and kicks you off xxxxxxxxx

Good luck for today, hope it kickstarts something!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back