membrane swab

soconfused

Reaction score
:shock: on monday i am booked in for a membrane swab and check up with the consultant if baby doesnt arrive on saturday which is her EDD.

i have just been told "its a vaginal examination where the midwife will feel your cervix....then she will sweep around the edges of your cervix to stimulate prostaglandin release"

so now im really really selfconscious about monday as i have never had to have an internal examination before and i can see me getting very very embarassed :oops:

i know it sounds silly cuz im having a baby so i am obviously going to have people poking around down there but i just think that when im in labour it wont bother me, sorry if i sound silly :oops:

im just really really nervous now!

xxx

lol u dont sound silly hun. im lucky that ive been having regular checkups at G.U clinics since i started having sex at 16 and ive had internal ultrasound scans when i misscarried so i dont mind and am used to it. having the midwife do it shudnt be too bad as long as u try and relax.
thank your lucky stars its not a swab or something they do at family clinics coz they use this huge metal contraption that opens u up so they can see all the way up and thats uncomfortable!
dont be embarressed hunny, just think at how many theyve seen in there time and im sure alot of them wouldnt have been paranoid enough to be hygienic! :oops:

its fine chuck honestly,
when i had one with Amy she didn't even look down there, it was like she used radar!!
Honestly they dont mind, plus they see it everyday probably more than once a day!!!

What a job ay! how nice it must be- NOT!

:D :D :D :D

thanks for the reasurance you are both right they see it everyday! :D and at least it might help me get my little bundle quicker!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back