Neighbours P/ss me off rant

LucyAnn

Reaction score
Im living in a flat at the mo and share the stair way with them. we arent highrise just one flat below us.

Well she has always been a wicked witch like when i first got a cat, said i should never be allowed a cat because of the hours i worked and she called the rspca(which were pissed off she had wasted their time :dance:), then she went and got two cats!! Then she got a cat flap i have two cats now and 1 of them kept trying to go in hers so she had a go at me telling me i need a catflap etc - which i do not it is not illegal and mine are more house cats and i let them in and out whenever they want just wouldnt want them out in the night as i would worry :(

they have been doing me head in lately as they smoke and occasionly smoke weed either in carpark or in flat and all the smell lingers in the hallway which is rank! then last night I opened the door let in one cat about 9pm about 10 mins later my other cat wanted to come in so let her in and when i shut the door the guy from next door shouted ''ahhhhh just get a fucking cat flap!!!''

Lmfao now but at the time i was shitting myself!!! if he is moaning i opened the door twice oh wow they are always in and out at ridiculus hours! just intimidates me sometimes as im here alone and dont see how people can be so rude!!

Rant over lol xxx

Thats a pic of Scraggle, havent got a pic of Treacle on me laptop! :)

Attachments

• 2010-12-05 11.08.32.jpg
    2010-12-05 11.08.32.jpg
    369.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
OK so they complain about your cats yet they smoke weed, shout and intimidate you? Hmmm doesn't sound quite fair to me. I don't really know what to advise hun, it's a tricky one because technically you could call the police on them for the weed, but then would that have further repercussions for you? Have you got any older friends/relatives (preferably one that resembles Grant Mitchell) to have a word with them on your behalf? Try and tell them in a firm but friendly way that you are a pregnant woman living alone and their behaviour is upsetting you?

I feel for you hun. I used to live in a flat and didn't really get on well with the lady who lived downstairs. She was a gossip and used to make a massive fuss about me making ANY noise whatsoever. I felt paranoid and worried to do anything in my own home. It's crap how people can make you feel but these idiots are seriously out of order for intimidating a pregnant lady. I think something will need to change because if they make such a fuss over a cat flap then how are they going to react to a crying baby? x

thankyou! i am single atm they dont say boo to a goose when i have company etc but it was just horrid that when my parents visited in the week they commented on the smell too and to be honest its quite embarassing and horrible that a lil baba will be exposed to that.

Wow cant believe how much you have been in the situation too that reassures me but yeah i am very respectfull i dont even put the washer on late and have never been one for partys etc as im conscious living here anyway walls feel paperthin sometimes.

Yes will be intresting for their behaviuor im sure when im up in the night when baby cries the will be something said.
I have emailed a company because its one of these part buy part rent schemes so the association I have emailed when the cat flap thing happened bt havent heard nothing as yet and like you say repercussions could be anything. When she doesnt have a guy she is an OK neighbour but since she has been with this druggy she doesnt even acknowledge me whatsoever when we pass. xxxx

Lets just hope he'll bugger off soon then. If it does get worse though you should maybe have a word with her when he's not there. Be friendly but just explain that they're making you feel bad. Lay it on thick and if she's any kind of decent person she'll feel guilty for intimidating and upsetting a single, pregnant lady!

Is this somewhere you're planning on staying long term btw? xx

Hi there, just wanted to reassure you that you're not the only one like that :(

My neighbour also smokes and smokes weed, you can smell it through the walls and makes our rooms really warm and sticky. He complains about the cats, shouts at them and they're terrified to come up our stairway (we also share our stairway) when his door is open or he's anywhere near it.

Cats being cats, they sometimes drop a mouse off at the door, and because we don't see it until we come home sometimes they can sit their for hours. We clean them up straight away as soon as we see them, which is all we can do, but he's actually phoned environmental health about it!! They didn't humour him, which was fine, but it could end up getting serious if he starts telling them lies which he has threatened.

He's threatened me a couple of times, but never when DH is around. When I lived here alone I used to phone the police in a panic sometimes because him and his pals were really intimidating me. Once he was outside my door with a chainsaw!! The police just pander to him and give him the soft warning, don't do it again etc etc. I remember they said one time 'Until he actually physically attacks you we can't bring charges against him' and I was like do you really think I'm going to wait for him to attack me?!! Luckily things have been better since hubby has moved in, but I totally understand your situation being alone in your flat as I lived it for 4 years.

So I can't really offer any advice, as we've now got to the stage where we're selling the flat at a loss just to get away from the unsavoury characters here. Just wanted to let you know you're very much not alone in your situation :(

Lets just hope he'll bugger off soon then. If it does get worse though you should maybe have a word with her when he's not there. Be friendly but just explain that they're making you feel bad. Lay it on thick and if she's any kind of decent person she'll feel guilty for intimidating and upsetting a single, pregnant lady!

Is this somewhere you're planning on staying long term btw? xx

Thankyou. well she has lived there for about 7 years. and I have lived here nearly 5. Flat is defo going on the market when lil babas here as would defo want somewhere bigger before they are 1 years old as think it would start to feel abit crowded but still you can never predict how quick or slow things sell :(xx

Hi there, just wanted to reassure you that you're not the only one like that :(

My neighbour also smokes and smokes weed, you can smell it through the walls and makes our rooms really warm and sticky. He complains about the cats, shouts at them and they're terrified to come up our stairway (we also share our stairway) when his door is open or he's anywhere near it.

Cats being cats, they sometimes drop a mouse off at the door, and because we don't see it until we come home sometimes they can sit their for hours. We clean them up straight away as soon as we see them, which is all we can do, but he's actually phoned environmental health about it!! They didn't humour him, which was fine, but it could end up getting serious if he starts telling them lies which he has threatened.

He's threatened me a couple of times, but never when DH is around. When I lived here alone I used to phone the police in a panic sometimes because him and his pals were really intimidating me. Once he was outside my door with a chainsaw!! The police just pander to him and give him the soft warning, don't do it again etc etc. I remember they said one time 'Until he actually physically attacks you we can't bring charges against him' and I was like do you really think I'm going to wait for him to attack me?!! Luckily things have been better since hubby has moved in, but I totally understand your situation being alone in your flat as I lived it for 4 years.

So I can't really offer any advice, as we've now got to the stage where we're selling the flat at a loss just to get away from the unsavoury characters here. Just wanted to let you know you're very much not alone in your situation :(

thanks for your response, cant believe how much you understand, its nice to know its not just me in the world going through it. Some people are so out of order your neighbour sounds so ridiculus too! and the police view is appauling. Alot of people and friends say well call they police about the weed etc but as we all know if they only have enough for ''personal use'' police dont want to know its only when theres a big weed factory growing they want to know.

I mean i will be selling flat one lil ones here but there's so many nights till then etc And i cant see why they want to make my life miserable as i dont even think they are paying coucil tax legitamatly either. He stays everynight but doesnt have a key to the main front door??

I wish my cats could catch mice lol but i know what you mean when they hang around their front door or are in or out my cats flee like they are scared and thats quite worrying. Bloody neighbours ay!xxxxxx

I like your little motto on your signature by the way!! Definitely a good approach to life xx

hi hun x x sorry for all your stress x

have you kept a diary of times dates, things said, when their smoking weed, shouting at you etc so you can let the agency know, you can phone the council about it and they will advise you. even if it is a part own part rent place they have the powers to evict them if things get really bad.

hi hun x x sorry for all your stress x

have you kept a diary of times dates, things said, when their smoking weed, shouting at you etc so you can let the agency know, you can phone the council about it and they will advise you. even if it is a part own part rent place they have the powers to evict them if things get really bad.

Thankyou have kept a note about the other night when they had a go about cats but hadnt in general about the weed so will start doing that thankyou xxx

Just wanted to say i have pain in the bum neighbours to and that your cat is cute :) x x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back