Needs Some Real Help !!

Chelly2911

Reaction score
I recently went to a walkin centre so me and my new boyfriend could get tested for any STIs ( His ex cheated on him) so we both thought it would be the wise thing to do. Both tests came back negative but I did find out I had a water infection so was given tablets, 2 tablets to be taken for 3 days. Im currently on the pill and needed to go back to my local brook to get more as I was due to run out. I found out then that the tablets I was given for my water infection were antibiotics I was shocked and told theres a chance I could now be pregnant!! .. I had my 7 day break 1 week after taking the antibiotics and had my period as normal thats why I had no idea I could have been pregnant. So Iv got to go back and do a test, The lady in my brook centre said my period could have been a withdrawel bleed whats that mean? If I am pregnant I'll be around 3 weeks. Do you think theres a chance I could be? And if so when is the best possible time for me to take a test Im still taking my pills and Im due on on the 14th .. please help !!

x

there is always the possibility I guess, maybe test in a week or so for probably accurate result... good luck :)

Do you mean that you could be pregnant because the antibiotics could have made the pill less reliable? The 'periods' you get while on the pill aren't real periods but what is called a withdrawal bleed as a result of the break in hormones (when you have your 7 day break in taking the pills). They should have told you that you needed to use additional contraception when they prescribed them though! You should be able to get a reliable result about 2 weeks after the time you could possibly have conceived

Yeah, I was told the antibiotics which I didnt know where antibiotics at the time could have effected my pill .. Anoo I was really angry when I found out they were antibiotics because If I had known I would have used extra protection, Stupid of me really not knowing that they were antibotics but Iv never had to take them before so had no idea what so ever x

What did you think they were giving you for an infection hun?

A hpt should come up as either positive/negative in 10 days. It's better to use a more sensitive test for earlier testing, like a first reponse test.

Welcome to the forum :)

hey hunny, i agree with the ladies taking a test maybe in a week or so will give u a good result a reliable one, defo try using first response early response there fab and never failed me, i hope u get the result ur looking for huns and also id contact ur doc about the mis-information as everyone should know what there taking and why xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back