Tablets in pregnancy

Freya

Reaction score
Read lots of comments on forum about parectemol etc in pregnancy. When I was pg with first child I had terrible toothache (caused by pg) by 5 weeks. Went to doctors and dentists and was given co-dydromol and antibiotics, found out later not meant to take co-dydromol in pg. Anyway my daughter was born fine and is not a clever 3 year old who can read very simple words and write her name etc. This time round I have a UTI so have also been given antibiotics which ar NOT KNOWN TO CAUSE ANY HARM after beating myself up all yesterday I had to take one as was in agony and my theory and doctors is if your are not fit and well how are you goint to carry baby (she actually told that bad infection could cause m/c anyway). Now just hope I have done the right thing only time will tell. I could not have not taken the tablets as could barely stand by last night even though drank 2 cartons of cranberry juice. Any thoughts please.

Hi

I had a bladder infection a few weeks ago and tried to get rid of it with cranberry juice and water because I didn't want to take any tablets. I ended up with a really bad kidney infection which could have put the baby in real danger. I was given ciprodine (spelling?) anti-biotics - no known harm in pregnancy - and they cleared it up so quickly. I wouldn't hesitate to take them again in the same situation. I think infection can be more dangerous than medicine.

Hope you feel better soon

Louise

PS. Have also been told (by my midwife and two doctors) that paracetmol if taken short term causes no harm but don't take asprin as can cause bleeding.

Thanks, yes I think that is what I am on it is so difficult when pregnant thing is I never need to take tablets usually I guess that is what they call sods law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back