Urine infection - help!

Littlerayray

Reaction score
Hi all

I had my 12 week scan last week and they did a urine sample. I had a letter this morning saying that I had an infection and should contact my GP asap for treatment.

That is all the letter said. I have an appointment this afternoon. I really don't want to have to be taking antibiotics... but is this the only way to treat a urine infection?

Also, does anyone know what could have caused the infection, and what it actually is??

Thanks!!

Urine infection perfectly normal for Tri 1. Its much safer to use anti biotics to clear it up - more damage if you dont. Ask your GP as there are some better in pregnancy than others.
All sorts of strange things going on down there - saw this online:-

Are Urinary Tract Infections Harmful to Pregnant Women?

Pregnancy and urinary tract infections often go hand in hand since pregnant women are at an increased risk to develop UTIs. Pregnancy hormones cause changes in the urinary tract which predispose women to infections. In addition, as the uterus grows it presses on the bladder and can prevent complete emptying of urine. This stagnant urine is a likely source for infection. Untreated, these infections may lead to kidney infections. Urinary tract infections in pregnant women should be treated to prevent complications.

Hope that makes you feel better! Good luck at the docs! Drink plenty water!

Hiya, I feel for you, i suffered from UTI for a year pretty much non stop - not had had one whilst preg so far! - touch wood!!

But i have a few tricks for you!!

1) Drink loads of water!! like i mean loads it helps flush it out

2) glass of cranberry jucie in the morning and evening - you can get cranberry extrct capsuals if you hate the taste like me!! boots do them!

3)rest and sleep - even thou its hard to relax it really does help

Hope you feel better soon....

xx

hey

i went to my doctor today and I have exactly the same. I have antibiotics, and my doctor assures me that they will not harm the baby in any way.

Gem xx

You really should take antibiotics if they are suggested hun as if left untreated it can spread to your kindneys which can cause alot more complications in pregnancy. There are certain antibiotics which are deemed safe to use in pregnancy. I had one in early pregnancy and had antibiotics and baby is fine, kicking away as I speak :) xx

You can not take the cranberry sachets during pregnancy, only antibiotics from your doctor will clear it and is safe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back