Need Some Advice

Reaction score
Hello everyone...

I'm new to this and was hoping someone could give me a bit of advice as I'm majorly confused!!

Me and my hubby have been trying to get pregnant for nearly 3 years with no luck, but that's hardly suprising as he's in the Army and we're not in the same place together long enough for anything to happen, lol!

Anyways, he's on a tour of duty at the moment, but was home for 2 weeks between february 29th and march 14th...so, we made the most of our time together and had plenty of sex.

My last period was february 4th, and my next was due march 6th but that never came and I was due yesterday (april 6th) and guess what? That never came either!

I've done a test this morning which was negative, but I have sore and hard breasts and have been sick every day since thursday.
I was almost certain I was pregnant, and even let myself get a little excited, so you can imagine my disappointment this morning!

Do you think it's possible that I've tested too early? Or should I accept that I'm not pregnant again?

Thanks, looking forward to hearing some opinions

xxxx

pregancy test would probly show by now but best of luck maybe try another test in a day or two xx

Hey,

A similar thing happened to my friend, she had all the same pregnancy signs you are getting sore breasts etc she kept doing pregnancy tests every week & they came back as negative every time but she was convinced she was pregnant - this happened for at least a 5 weeks before one finally came back as positive - interestingly that 1st positive test said "1-2 weeks pregnant" but she was more like 6 weeks pregnant lol :) good luck, wil keep my fingers crossed for you!! xxxx

Aww thank you hunni, that's a great help!
I'm gonna try another test next week and see what happens!
I've been sick all morning, but feel a little deflated at what the test said.
I'll keep you updated xxx

Blimey! That would make you 9 weeks give or take incase of late ovulation or longer cycles than 28 days, but I would have thought a test would have shown by now. I hope you get a shy BFP soon, if not I would visit the docs to ask their advice about the 2 missing periods, maybee they can advice

Good luck

Hey JJmum...
I cant be as far along as 9 weeks, as my hubby has been in Afghanistan since October, and only came home for 2 weeks between February 29th and March 14th. When he was home, we did have a lot of sex as we had a lot of time to catch up on, lol!
I've done 3 tests, all of which have been negative but I'm thinking that I could only be a matter of weeks gone. Don't want to get my hopes though, as we've been trying for so long that I don't want to be disappointed again.
But I do have symptoms, still being sick, I'm tired all the time, have a funny taste in my mouth that I cant shift and my boobs are rock hard and so sore, to the point of making me cry and still no period and I was due Friday 6th April.
Any ideas anyone? xxx

hey my fertile time was the 17th march and i cought that weekend hehe and i am just over 5 weeks so ur about the same give or take a few days, gd luck hope u get ur bfp xxx

Hey JJmum...
I cant be as far along as 9 weeks, as my hubby has been in Afghanistan since October, and only came home for 2 weeks between February 29th and March 14th.
My last period started on about 30 January (a few days before yours), conceived on 14 Feb and I am now 10 weeks along (it's often measured from the time of the start of your last period)... so if you are pregnant, 8 or 9 weeks sounds about right!

Good luck, I really hope the tests turn +ve soon xx

Again, that's not possible as I didnt actually have sex with my hubby until the 29th of Feb, so even though a pregnancy is dated from the 1st day of my last period, I couldn't possibly that far along xxx

Hey again, can I just check with you ladies because this has always confussed me!... Is a full term pregnancy 40 weeks from day 1 of period, so about 38 weeks from day of ovulation? (i'm not pregnant yet - we have been TTC since January so not that long, but want to get my head around everything!)

It's happened some time, so no worry about it just spend more time with hubby. You will 100% get a positive pregnancy test.

Best of Luck

Your hormones may be too high for the test to pick up now sweety, mayve go doctors and have a blood test

Sent from my U20i using Tapatalk

Just a quick update...
I still haven't got my period, so that makes me 5 days late now.
Since yesterday I've had a browny colour discharge which is quite sticky.
Gross I know, but does anyone know what this could be?
I've still got sore boobs and sickness most days, but haven't tested since I got a negative on Saturday.
Any suggestions anyone? xxx

I would re test in a few days but i would speak to a doctor if still coming up negative as that would mean 2 unexplained missing periods !
Goodluck

aren't our bodies funny things! why cant we just have a clear signal, like i dont know, our toenails turn a beautiful shade of lilac when baby's made, like from the second his little swimmers get there!!!!!

Good luck to all TTC, think i'm about to get a visit from the witch again :(

Morning all...
I got my period this morning on day 69 of my cycle.
I think a trip to the doctor is needed as that's definately not normal.
And I'm usually regular as clock work on a 30 day cycle.
Anyone else been through the same thing?

ahh :( I'm really sorry to hear that (& sorry for getting your hopes up!) from what you were saying - all the signs/symptoms etc sounded so much like a positive pregnancy result & because I have known people who have had delayed positive results I really thought you were...

Have you booked in to see your GP? Is your period like a normal period (or any lighter / heavier than normal?)

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back