Need HUGE help!

I heard Alba for a girl the other day and thought it was quite pretty and unusual? X

Reading Time Travellers Wife? Hehe it is cute but reminds me of Jessica Alba too much. ANd think it's too short..? Not sure but def a lovely name.

Have you thought about Eloise for a girl, or Fletcher for a boy?

Can be shortened to Ella, Ellie, Lola, Lise, and Fletch. I think both go well with your surname.

I love Tristan btw, not Cohen for a first name ( bit status -y?). Also love Jessica (Jess, Jessie) and Tabitha (Tabby). Alexandra is classic and so many short names from this. Also Elizabeth, which is traditional but not popular currently (Betsy, Betty, Liza, Beth...... Lots more).

I too hate popular names!

I have never liked Eloise. I think it's too similar to Louise which was a very popular name whilst I was growing up.
My best friend is called Jessica. And we have a very close friend called Elizabeth too which is a shame because I do like Elizabeth.
We considered Tabitha for ages actually but decided it wasn't right for us.
Thanks for the suggestions though :)

Welcome! I can indulge in girls names to my hearts content cos I am having a boy! So many girls names to choose from and so limited boys names. Frustrating!

fao please indulge away haha keep sharing because I'm still at a loss!!

My nephew is called Fletcher. And I have a friend with a baby Alba.

I like Tabitha and Constance. What about Martha? I liked that.

I heard a wee girl at soft play today called Bella. It is popular but its very cute. I also hear the name grace 3 times and texas!

I like fletcher but DH thinks it's too American. I think Tabitha and Constance are a little too oldy worldy for me. Martha too. Although Martha is now making top 100 baby name lists so is definitely making a come back... Although I'm not too sure why personally
I LOVE the name Bella and Grace but both are far too popular at the moment which is annoying lol I hate that I just can't bring myself to use a popular name!

Ive got Alice (want popular at the time) and Temperance, my dogs called Jasper lmao. I like Penelope and I think if I had another id want it, and Penny is cute. I like your boy names too, I call my pets by peoples names I like so ive had Oliver my cat and Jasper my dog lol xx

aaah every time someone says they like Penelope it upsets me more haha WANT IT SOOO BAD! We know a few Alice's - it is a lovely name. Can't use it though.
We watched an episode of Family Guy last night and there was a gay dog called Jasper. NOW I understand where Liam's got his stupid name association from haha

Last edited:
We're team blue - contemplating using our granddads names - Sidney Maurice basically other than that we can't agree. We did think about Louie/Louis but I reckon people will spell or pronounce it wrong, but the spelling Louie annoys me. (I'm an English Teacher!). I like Zak, hubbie didn't. I think the fact we're both teachers really doesn't help. I liked Stanley, but OH's friends dog is called Stan and I liked Billy but OH's best friend is called Bill.

If we had been team pink we were thinking: Polly, Arabella, Maisie, Ivy, Elsie or Annie.

Alipops x

I'm sorry but I'm another one that loves Penelope and Cohen. However, if it makes you feel any better about them I'm not so sure that they go with your surname.

There's quite alot of pronounciation in your surname i.e. the C T and NEY are quite strong sounds so I think you may be better with a short name and one that doesn't end in a "ay" sound.

Not sure how helpful that is as I don't have any name suggestions, I was going to say Amy but it ends with an "ay" sound so that defeats what I've just said :lol:

I'm sorry but I'm another one that loves Penelope and Cohen. However, if it makes you feel any better about them I'm not so sure that they go with your surname.

There's quite alot of pronounciation in your surname i.e. the C T and NEY are quite strong sounds so I think you may be better with a short name and one that doesn't end in a "ay" sound.

Not sure how helpful that is as I don't have any name suggestions, I was going to say Amy but it ends with an "ay" sound so that defeats what I've just said :lol:

Haha thank you. To be honest we aren't even thinking about a name going with out last name at the moment! So desperate at we to agree on a name we both don't hate that we will just be grateful for that, sod if it goes or not haha
Saying that, I do think we are quite lucky as Courtney is not too hard a surname to pick a first name for and most things that may not 'go' still sound perfectly fine with it.

Thanks though hun :)

OK, here goes again, Sarah..

Sorry if already suggested but the thread is long and I have lost track!

Heidi for a girl. Or Rose/Rosa.

Miles or Niles for a boy. Or Jude or Justin.

Penelope Pitstop cartoon is all I can think of for that name, and the Hooded Claw!

Lorelei is lovely.

Angelica says Rugrats to me and what a spoiled brat she was!

Ziva (jewish origin) or Ember or Polly for girls????

Not a fan of a lot of Hebrew names. Think they sound quite harsh. Ember is a bit too out there and Polly is a name that Liam hates lol thank you though!

OK, here goes again, Sarah..

Sorry if already suggested but the thread is long and I have lost track!

Heidi for a girl. Or Rose/Rosa.

Miles or Niles for a boy. Or Jude or Justin.

Penelope Pitstop cartoon is all I can think of for that name, and the Hooded Claw!

Lorelei is lovely.

Angelica says Rugrats to me and what a spoiled brat she was!

We like Heidi actually. It's on our list. I don't love it but it is pretty.
Rose is a friends child's name so that's out. Liam hates Miles as it's a 'measure of distance not a name' lol and Niles is just the geeky guy from Frasier lol
I don't dislike Justin but it's too... Normal? We have so many friends called Justin and Jude is just so blaaah! Lol

Angelica still scream Rugrats to me too actually lol when I was a kid I wanted to name a girl Angelica because I loved her! Lol

Last edited:
My friend has a little girl called Heidi, I think it's a beautiful name. She also liked Esme and Murran.

I love Edith, i think old names are definately going make a comeback. I also lov Ruby.

However we have picked names ive never heard anyone have apart from a historical mythical goddess

and for boys im going with a name with an X, i like Dexter, Knoxx

I also like Hunter and Jett (although OH says were having a baby not a gladiator) lol xx

I love Edith, i think old names are definately going make a comeback. I also lov Ruby.

However we have picked names ive never heard anyone have apart from a historical mythical goddess

and for boys im going with a name with an X, i like Dexter, Knoxx

I also like Hunter and Jett (although OH says were having a baby not a gladiator) lol xx

Haha I agree with your husband on that one!

I love mythical goddess sounding names: Calliope (callie), Ophelia, Persephone. Just can't bring myself to name my child any of those.
Dexter is lovely but will forever remind me of the serial killer on the tv show I'm currently addicted to haha
I love how older names are coming back but it's why I want to avoid them as they won't be older and rarer to hear anymore and will just be the norm which I'm trying to avoid.
I love Felix too but we know a few little Felix's now which takes away from the rarity of the name!

We knew we were having a girl, and had huge issues up to naming our little girl Emma when she was 4 days old. My absolute favourite was Everly, shortened to Eve. My oh said it wasn't a real name, even though it is an old English name. Next I wanted Alexa, again he said it wasn't a real name. We eventually agreed on Lyla and were about to announce it to everyone when she was 2 days old, then my mother in law asked if we had any names and when we said Lyla was our front runner, she made a face and said "that's awful, people will call her Lil. I'm going to call her Lucy". I burst in to tears, and oh was then put off. I did suggest we go with what we wanted anyway as his mum might die soon! But he had already been put off. Although I love Emma, and it was our second choice when we had our older daughter Madeline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back