Need help with Landlord issue..

FebMum2Be

Reaction score
As you all know I got the house just about 2 weeks ago.. Well I'm STILL in my mums :wall2: We are currently decorating, that not being the problem.. We were offered the house as fully furnished, but explained we only needed the basics downstairs as we had everything else (Washing machine, f/freezer and a sofa) The sofa was to start us of as some of you have seen we're looking into getting a new one once we're settled and everything we need has been bought.. So anyway, we have had the keys and we still have no sofa, I text him early morning 2 days ago and didn't receive a reply til over 24 hrs later, and in that text telling me that he would ring me the following evening.. The following evening came and went and he didn't bother his arse to ring, so I got OH to call and he answered saying he hadn't even ordered us a sofa yet :wall2:!!! We have paid him a £500 deposit and £525 as first months rent and we haven't been able to move in due to the fact that we have nothing to sit on, he called today and said now the sofa won't be here until next Thursday :cry:.. We pay the rent every 4 weeks, so it will be 3 and a half weeks into our lease before we can actually move in... Can he do this?? Can he take this money off me while I can't actually move in?! Any help is appreciated because I am completely pickled about the situation.. I was so excited to get the house and he has seriously put a downer on moving into my first home x

Sounds very suss hun :( Surely he has to compensate?

I honestly have no idea what to say to him.. Do I have a leg to stand on?

Tbh hun, I think if you tried to do anything about it they'd just say technically you can move in without the sofa :( plus you've got the keys and your stuffs in there so you are using the building! I know it's shite, but I really don't think there is much you can do :( I sat on beanbags for the first wee while in here!

Thinking the same as Alice hun!! You wont get your money back I had to go on bean bags too!

We don't have anything in apart from a kettle and basic things like that.. Looks like I just have to keep my gob shut then.. Seems so unfair at this minute in time like, but once I get in properly I will just forget about it.. I need a dongle so I ca come on here for moral support when I'm getting attacked by spiders when OH is on nightshift xx

since these big b**tards have been hanging about i've been constantly petrified! i dont mind the little ones, but those big jobbies look like they could eat you whole *shudders*

:sick: They are sickening!! The first day I was round in my house with Odhrán doing a bit of cleaning.. Alone, I felt a tickle on my leg :sick: 3 guesses what it was, my neighbours probably thought I was being murdered

Eeeurgh. I won't even tell you about my spider fun on Friday then :samsmum:

I hate that!! Lynn you may aswell, Tinys already put the almighty fear of spiders on us alread :oooo:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back