Landlord, what would you do?

Dee1985

Reaction score
i have only just found out that it is ilegal for some one with out a certificate to touch the gas in the house?? is this true?

my lanlord instaled my boiler himself :shock: just following the intructions on the back :shock:

he installed my cooker too. and it stopped working i got someone out to look at it he was totaly discusted and said he has never seen any thing like it and its not even earthed?? what ever this means? and its running through extension lead i was told to not even switch it on, the landlord has been in packystan for 4months so we went with out a cooker

shall i report him? and if so who to?

he also installed my gas fire. and no he aint qualified???????

and we pay the rent cash in hand im sure he aint paying his 33% tax????

but he has messed me about so much should i be a grass???

Bloody hell Dionne - thats dangerous! :shock: Report him to CORGI, they regulate things like that. Not sure about the other stuff but that is very very wrong!

It is illegal as far as I know - is an installation certificate not required? Some of these landlords bug me.... they charge so much, but put nothing back into he property.

I don't know how you're going to go about grassing on him. Would it be directly to British Gas? You've been lucky that nothing bad has happened, but what about the next folk. A leakage can cause an explosion.

Let him have it!! Sounds like his playing with peoples lives!! :evil:

Emilia xx

Alicebabe said:
Bloody hell Dionne - thats dangerous! :shock: Report him to CORGI, they regulate things like that. Not sure about the other stuff but that is very very wrong!

who are CORGI?

how do i get intouch?

what bit do you mean when u say its dangerous???

why am i so dumb some times????

i never knew :(

good job i have carbon monoxid(sp) testers every where

Oh my god that is so dangerous,you could get in contact with citizens advice they should be able to help xx

i move out in 2 weeks but my OH said if i report it now we will have to leave the property asap and inspections will take place then we will be homeless so should i call them the day before i move out??

the house is in a state. every extension lead i use the fuse gets blown because the electrics are so dodgy

some one has told me that from last yr you cant even do your own electrics now unless you have been on some training course???

i did smell gas from my boiler a few months back and his brother came round and sorted it?? but i no none of them are qualified bunch of bloody cowboys?

This is taken from the website:

'It is not only illegal for people to work with gas unless they are CORGI Registered, it is also highly dangerous'

There is also a link on the site to report people who have been installing gas boilers or fires with no registration.

Good luck!

Alicebabe said:
To touch anything to do with gas, you have to be registered with CORGI. Check the link:

http://www.corgi-gas-safety.com/section ... taller.asp

I think its dangerous coz he probably doesnt know what he is doing and it may not be installed safely. If thats the case, then one flick of a lighter and BOOM!

he defo didnt no what he was doing, he told me that himself and was just reading out of a book what to do?

i have spent loads of money on serge protectors too as kris has very expensive tv surround sound ect and the electrics keep tripping and messing every thing up..

my house is a time bomb.

i want to report him but dont no what happens? court ect???

hes a bit of a dodgy man too :? if you no what i mean

cheers alice, your a star, i just dont no weather to report him now and have my house closed of as its dangerous

Alicebabe said:
http://www.corgi-gas-safety.com/section_gas_law/the_law_report_installer.asp

Here is the link to report him!

Its confidential as well Dionne so he wont know it was you x

lol he will cause we had a row the other day and i told him straight that i no it is eligal he replyed yh but i let you of with £50 rent while i was instaling it :x

My dh is Corgi registered and he worked damned hard to get it so it really winds me up when people like this get away with it.

you should def report him but as you say maybe leave it till just before you go. just think if the next person who moves in dies of carbon monoxide poisoning and you hadnt reported him?

its actually not illegal to work on gas appliances in your own home - but that wont count if you are renting it out. in fact he should be having all gas appliances serviced by a corgi registered engineer once a year - thats the law if you are renting out a property.

take him down hun!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Go for it Dionne he has put you all at risk, i don't think you would have to move out whilst they inspected.
The maybe would condemn boiler and fire and such

I hope it does go to court as you might be able to claim damages :D

report him and say he bribed you to shut your mouth lol.

God - the cooker should have been earthed as if there happened to be a leak, with any static electricity """BOOM!!!" instant explosion! should defo report him there are strict rules about 'letting/renting etc.
electricity and gas should be checked and maintained.

thats so not on. The only reason I know is because we had a problem with our gas when the new kitchen went in but bloody hell, thats soooo dangerous.

Get him reported asap to corgi and there must also be a landlords acossiation or someone you can speak to.

I know up here Landlords have to be registered with the local council by law. You should give your council a phone, cause if he aint registerd he could be breaking the law. :cheer:

Just think a family like you's could move in after, and god forbid if there was a gas explosion you would feel terrible you never reported what u knew...go on do it!!! :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back