Moving

cassi

Reaction score
Well Alan is going to ask at work tomorrow if he can stay as a shift engineer full time instead of going back into management as the money is so good that if he could stay on it he would be doing 4 on 4 off either 5:30am-5:30pm or the same but night to morning. But then he would have 4 days off so more time with Jakob, and i wouldnt have to work either. And we would be able to move house.

We have basically decided we are going to move anyway and definatly wouldnt be able to do it all before Jakob is born, because our deposit for a new house is stuck in this house (Alans mom owns the house but when we sell it we get half)

Alan did an online mortgage application in just his own name with the money he would get if he stayed on shift and they offered us 157,275 mortgage which is more than enough as we would probably put down up to 50,000 as a deposit and we have found some nice houses going for 170000 in Swindon.

But the only problem is we would have to sell this house which should be quite quick as there is a waiting list for them, but we would need the money to get a new house so would we have to rent?

Im just not sure how people do it because im sure most peoples deposit for a new house would usually be stuck in the house they are in at the time so how does it work? Do you have to sell, rent and then buy or is there a way around it where you can get the mortgage initially and then put down the deposit when you sell you're house.

Its just we have seen a house we really like but we cant afford it before we have the money from this house if you get me?

At the end of the day if we have to rent we are hoping to have sold this house have all the stuff in storage and be in rented accomodation for J's arrival. Then thats half done before he is born.

Soo any help on moving would be much appriciated
thanks
cas xx

It may be worth looking into something called a Bridging Loan. Basically this involves borrowing the deposit money for your new house for a very short term period until your house is sold. Although please be careful as some of these have extortionate interest rates.

If I were you I would find a local independent financial adviser to talk to. Any good one will not charge you a penny (they make commission from the companies), and will come to your house at a time which is conventient to you both.

Good luck!

Exactly what I was going to say Tankett you explained it better than me though,lol.

tankett said:
It may be worth looking into something called a Bridging Loan. Basically this involves borrowing the deposit money for your new house for a very short term period until your house is sold. Although please be careful as some of these have extortionate interest rates.

If I were you I would find a local independent financial adviser to talk to. Any good one will not charge you a penny (they make commission from the companies), and will come to your house at a time which is conventient to you both.

Good luck!

Thanks do you know of any good ones?

cas x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER