Landlord, what would you do?

Em78 said:
in fact he should be having all gas appliances serviced by a corgi registered engineer once a year - thats the law if you are renting out a property.

thats made me think my boiler hasnt been looked at by anyone to do with our landlord since we moved in 4 years ago :?
the only person who has ever touched it fitted my new kitchen and broke my boiler and i went without heating and hot water for 8 months and we had to pay for a plumber to fix it ourselves :evil: because they wouldnt do it, while the bloke was there he told me he had no idea what he was doing and that he was a teneant in one of their other properties :shock:

Dionne i would definatly report them, tbh i didnt know how dangerous it was until i read this post :shock:

i'd report him...
and i don't think he can kick you out for reporting him cos he'd have to give you notice of eviction so check your tenancy agreement for how much notice he'd have to give you. you'll probably be gone by then!

thinking about it, would you want him renting out a property to another family thats potentially dangerous?
Thats the way i'd think about it?

I'd definately contact the CAB

xox

My dad done all the electics in my house because he IS qualified lol he didnt used to be its just he learnt how to do it but you never know what might happen if an unqualified person fits it its very dangerous speshally 2 ur kids

Hi Dionne,

I can only agree with everyone else on this. You have to report this, you'd never forgive yourself if the next tenants were in there when the whole place explodes.

If that was me i'd phone my local police station, they will certainly know what to do & will contact all the relevant people I would've thought so you won't have to.

Take care hun.x

Dionne iirc isn't he taking the property back to sell it on? In which case he will need to prove that it was installed by a corgi registered person - we did when we moved from our flat a couple years ago (had a new boiler installed).

Personally I would definately report him as he's put you and your family at serious risk.

Yep that is illigal when you have anything like that installed you it must be done by a corgi certified person.

Alan is a sparky qualified and he could do most things but he dosnt do this kind of stuff at work so dosnt need to be corgi qualified but even if he wanted to install a boiler at home he couldnt cause it would be against the law.

id report him, he has put you and your family at risk..and he cant even earth appliances properly! that is bad...id take him to court. Also if you are paying cash in hand and he probably aint paying tax then he is just a theif to be honest.

And he obviously thinks you are stupid by doing all that under your nose!!! he is the sort of person you see on them tv shows that rips off people then f's off with all his money and dosnt care who he puts in danger.

At the end of the day it would of been so easy for your place to go up and he fully well knows that cause he installed it pretending he knew what he was doing!!! Id try and get some compensation from him... there is tribunals for everything including private letting. Dont let him get away with it, he is just going to mug someone else and put them in danger and its most likely he has more than 1 place rented out so it might be that there is other families in danger right now and they dont even know!..

Hope it gets sorted for you hun and its just lucky this was all found now before it was too late

cas x

Cas x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back