need help (spotting and more evap pics)

Kittykins

Reaction score
Hi, I could really do with some advice/thoughts.
I'm 15dpo and have had slight spotting (pale brown) on 12, 14 and 15dpo. No proper AF yet, and strangely no cramps.

I've had one evap on an i/c (posted the other day - line didn't touch both sides of stick), one evap on an ASDA (line in test box was wrong way round - horizontal instead of vertical), and BFNs on 2 FRERs. I've also been POASing on other i/cs. For the past three days, the i/cs have had VERY faint lines - not getting any darker, or going away. They're so faint that I nearly threw the sticks away, but if you look for them you can see them - they pass the DH test.

What are they? I assumed they were evaps. Now I'm wondering if they're so sensitive (they're 10mi) that perhaps they pick up non-pg levels of HCG too (normal = <5mi) - could I perhaps have 4mi normally, so it will always show a very faint line? Finally, I suppose there's the possibility that there was enough pg HCG in my body at some point to trigger the tests, but that something's gone wrong. This would explain the nausea and spotting.

I'm going to try to post pics, but the lines are so faint you might not see them - didn't help that I had to take them under the desk light as it gets dark so early, so they all look yellowish. I'll feel a bit stupid if none of the lines show, but I did say they're very faint indeed!

Has anyone else had anything like this? (either the v faint lines or the spotting) Please help! :pray: I'm starting to get a bit worried.
:(

4 Nov - 13dpo
IMG_0828.jpg

5 Nov - 14dpo
IMG_0834.jpg

6 Nov - 15dpo
IMG_0838.jpg

ok, I feel a prat, I can't see the lines now I've added the photos :oops: - though I can if I look at my monitor from the side! :rotfl:

I can see the last one and the first, and they deffo have colour!!

I'm sorry hun, I can't see them either :hug:

It's like 'Sod dead people, I see lines' :rotfl:

Hi,

I can see the faint lines on the bottom 2 pics.

When I got pg with my son, I tested a couple of days before my AF was due and got a very faint line like yours. A couple of days later it was much stronger.

I also had spotting for one day, very light brown discharge. I normally start spotting the day before my AF but when it stopped and I had nothing the next day it was a good sign for me.

Your chart is looking really good to.

It's looking really promising for you.

How long are your cycles normally?

Oh Kitty, how exciting ...... It may not be all over for you this month :cheer:

Sending you :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

ok I have fiddled around a bit and you can definately see a line on this one - now I have to workout how to put it up!!

kitty.jpg

Hope this works x x x x

Have you tried a first response? They were good for me last month.

I really hope this is it for you x x x x x

I can see the first and last, think you shoudl try a tesco own brand as they seem to be the most sensitive, I had really faint + on the same test as you but stronger on a tesco's

good luck

thanks everyone for your replies. Isn't it funny how some can see one line but not another, and others see the lines that the first people couldn't see?! Well, everything's starting to look candy-striped to me!

These are the only tests that have shown anything at all, which is why I was concerned. I've tried 3 FRERs, 2 ASDAs, a different i/c and a ClearBlue standard over the past 4 days. These ultra i/cs are the only ones that had a line of any kind. And it's not getting stronger, so there's not much point spending money on more expensive tests.

Just wanted to know what you thought the line was - evap, pg, or just too sensitive. If pg, I suspect I'm not any more as that line isn't getting stronger, and the spotting is getting darker, but it would at least explain the messed-up AF and put my mind at rest on that score. I just didn't think it could be, that faint and not changing.

Anyway, thanks very much :hug: I think I was starting to drive myself totally mad with those lines and the weird spotting. The internet has its uses, but looking up symptoms can lead you to some dark places. :(

Kitty - I can see the lines on the 1st and last too.

If AF is still not quite normal maybe wait and test the day after next? Or you could go to a doctor or a clinic and say you got a BFP so they'll do a blood test. That would get around the possibility of them telling you to go home and do an HPT.

Anyway, remember my friend? She bleed properly for 3 days and was pregnant. It happens.

I think you need to get away from the computer though for at least a day as you are probably stressing yourself out, and that won't help to either bring flo on, or maintain an early pregnancy :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm thinking about you! :hug: :cheer: :pray:

Quick update - I phoned my GP this morning - have an appt for lunchtime today, the nurse thought I should go in asap. :pray: ing it's nothing serious!

HCg isnt the body normally, it is emitted from the egg & sperm once they have fused...

keep us up to date!!!!!!

Ok, I'm back...

Chemical pregnancy :( Doc reckons it might take a couple more days for AF to really start to come through, and that it might be a bit heavier and a bit more painful than usual, but it's definitely coming. She said the spotting combined with high temps (see, there IS a point to charting!) makes her think the body's trying its best to hold onto the fertilised egg, but it just ain't happening this time.

Because of the spotting, I do have to have a smear test and sth else (can't remember what) a week after the bleeding stops, just to rule out anything more serious, but the doc says as it's the first spotting I've had like that, combined with the +HPTs and the temps, she thinks it's all easily explained.

The good news? Well, in the space of one month I have found out that a) I ovulate, b) the egg is capable of being fertilised, c) the luteal phase is long enough, d) DH's sperm are normal (he'll be relieved), and e) my body produces loads of progesterone (hence only spotting instead of full-on AF, and the fact that the temps have remained above the coverline even after the egg failed to implant properly). So overall, I guess I'm relieved, and although it didn't work out this month, DH and I have good enough reason to be optimistic for the next few months.

Most of all, my symptom-spotting was entirely validated - I so was not imagining that :puke: episode in the Sainsbury's loos! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Kitty, I am so, so sorry ..... but ...... I am also very optimistic about the future :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:( I was really convinced it was a BFP

But as you rightly point out, you've got a lot to be optimistic about. It's just a matter of patience now, you'll soon have your BFP.

Enjoy your glass(es) of wine tonight hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back