Need advice - has anyone been through the courts?

I was told by a solicitor that unless baby daddy has got plenty of cash and I asked is a normal reasonably paid job not better than no job, she advised no unless he has enough money and I'm guessing she was insinuating thousands and thousands of pounds to spare it's not going to happen, especially babies and young children.

I know a man can make it hard on a mother to leave the country for more than 4 weeks if he too has parental rights but that's about it.

I think we all do hear the odd story, but let's face it I doubt we will know the full extent of both sides of the stories.
Though it usually is very uncommon, you can always ring a family law specialized solicitor and they will probably advise you to get back in contact when you receive anything legal from your ex :)

Hi hun I went through a simular situation, I was with my ex for 10 years an have 2 boys like u he didn't pay to much attention to them was always doing his own stuff, he didn't work so we were on benefits but he controlled the money basically controlled me,( he was mentally abusive to me and he often hit my boys for no reason) anyway I finally had the courage to leave and I moved miles away, a year later I got a letter from solicitor saying he wanted access I spoke to my boys and they said no way we want nothing to do with him, I saw solicitor had to do a statement explains.going why me and boys didn't want him to have access then we went to court ( he didn't turn up of course) he also sent a statement to court saying that everything I had said was a lie but the judge gave him a no contact order for 3 years, that was 5 years ago and luckily we haven't heard anything since, some people might say that I'm horrible for cutting him out of my boys lives but me an my boys had to put up with so much when living with him their lives have been so much better, u know in ur heart what the right thing to do is don't let anyone make u feel as thou u are doing wrong by ur children, I'm here if u ever need to talk x

Thank you Sattiegirl, its really nice to hear it from another perspective as some men just don't deserve to have children. My ex was so controlling and it is only now that I realise how bad it really was and I don't know why I put up with it :( All that matters now though is that I want the best for my children so I am moving heaven and earth right now to make sure that happens.

I don't blame u hun it's not easy but u will get through this and I'm here if u ever need a chat

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back