Need a Growth Scan at 39+2... A Bit Worried Now

almeria

Reaction score
I went for a quicky check up with MW today, expecting just a urine check and heart beat check etc.
My regular MW is on holiday, so I had a cover MW.
All was fine until she measured me and said I was measuring static at 37cm (I am 39+2).
However, she then felt baby and said he was a 'good size' and approximated 7 1/2 pounds....
Why do I then need to go for a growth scan at the hospital tomorrow?
I have measured 37cm for the last 3 weeks, but I put this down to baby engaging or lying in a funny position.
Should I be concerned?

well.... I am, can't help it, but logical head says all is probably ok...

UPDATE AFTER SCAN
had my growth scan, baby is approx 7lb 4, apparently I am full of baby and placenta but have little liquor.
he's been growing these last 3 wEeks, but my bump hasn't been!
had a speculum to check waters hadn't gone, all was fine, but i need another scan next week (unless i go into labour first!)
if waters measure too low, they will think about inducing me....eek
hope not!

hope everyone else is feeling positive and not too uncomfortable tonight x

Last edited:
Strange to be sent for scan when she said baby feels a good size. This fundal measurement thing isn't very accurate anyway, after all we're different shapes and sizes can't be right for everyone and your measurements not that far out! Hope it goes ok for you tomorrow x

Exactly the same happened to me it was just to double check to see if my tummy was growing enough so the baby wasnt squashed!! My tummy stayed the same size for 5 weeks but baby was growing! All was okay and my gorgeous baby boy was born weighing 5lbs 4oz ;-) xxxx

thank you for the posts...
i hope that it is just the MW being over cautious with me, but i will feel a whole lot better tomorrow after the scan...
they say don't worry, but how can you not?
waiting for baby to have his evening jiggle about to reassure me now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back