Should I be worried about High Fundal height??

fuffins1981

Reaction score
Hello Ladies

Last night the MW did my fundal height in triage.

At 27 weeks it was 28 cm...But at 30+4 it was 37cm!

They told me when I had a san at 27+2 that the baby growth was 'accelarated'....So, I think I have a growth scan at my consultant appointment next week.

But it seems to have gone from accelarated to land speed record!

I do not remember this happening with my son....Though they said he would be 'big' (he was 55cm and 8lb 1, so not 'small')

I hav a GTT the other week and that came back clear....So, what could be happening to my baby? (does not feel like water and have had normal liquid volume at all scans)

Should I be in the 'Biffa baby club now' now? :rotfl:

NOPE !!!!
ive decided that its a load of b****** and should be take with a pinch of salt

suppsedly im measuring 35cm at 37 week YEAH RIGH HAVE YOU SEEN MY TUMMY PICKS he aint no small baby :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

dont wory your baby is fine love :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

You certainly have a way with wrds!! :rotfl:

I just imagined splitting in half trying to give birth to a monster baby! :rotfl:

YEAH i do have a way with words :wink: i cant hit the ocrrect keys and spell things correctly :rotfl:

you see case point above ocrrect urgh why do i reveres the keys and put the the next one first :roll:

sarah :oops: :lol:

I think when pg, our brain and our fingers do not work together too well. I think the bump ruins communication :rotfl:

Maybe I could preview what I have written before I hit 'submit' :lol:

It is a larger than average jump in height for where you are, but I'd not worry overly. Baby could just be poking his/her bottom up or lying in a position that takes up more height. Also different people measure different fundal heights. I'm lucky as its the same MW taking mine each time, so she knows where she starts and ends from now. You may find your own MW measures you smaller next time :roll:

I think even a growth scan won't be conclusive. I've had 2 now and tbh, the first showed huge biff baby and then 3 weeks later, growth appeared to have slowed and levelled off. Second scan sonographer said chances are LO had been having a growth spurt the previous scan. Estimated weight from both scans

34+5 was 3042g / 6.7lb

37+5 was 3422g / 7.5lb

So considering they say babies grow about 1/2lb a week, my LO gained not even 1lb in 3 weeks :think: Had levelled off also in the measurements, but was still ediging near the 95 centile, but within it this time, not over it :lol: Still growing, just at a slower rate and all was well in the scan :)

My fundal height is still measuring 1-2 weeks ahead even now.

My MW is not overly worried about babys size. She thinks longer baby, still large but not to panic over :lol: But then I am not a wilting wallflower so was to be expected :roll:

I've given up worrying now :lol: If I listen to the Doctors I could scare myself silly, if I listen to my MW I am calm and relaxed. So I know which option I am going with :lol:

Of course the scans give an idea, but they can be out 25% either way and once past 30 or so weeks its harder to get accurate readings I am told. Hopefully your scan will show things to be going well :hug: :hug:

Thank you Sherry.

At 27+2 weeks my babies estimated weight was 1429.0g = 3.13 lbs

That was what made them want to GTT. As bubs obviously had a growth spurt between anomally scan and that scan.

My OH was 10lb 3 and his daughter was 9lb3. I was 8lb6 and my son was 8lb1. So this baby didn't have a hope in hell of being small. Plus me and OH are tall.

(TMI)I think I worry about biff babies because my mom had a very difficult time having my brother (who is 22 now)....He was around 10lb 2/3....I think she tore when his head crowned and then his shoulders were too big. So the MW cut her (not on a contraction and without pain relief)....Then she had to be stitched like Dr Frankensteins creation!

Then, my OH's mom didn't even need a stitch!

So, I try to put it into perspective....But I had six stitches with my son (which did not hurt as much as people say)...I had 1 external and 5 internal. I am just trying to keep calm. Last night brought back my old pushing phobia when i imagined a massive baby! :shock:

I will listen to what you and Sarah have said and not worry. Aslong as bubs isn't like 'honey I blew up the kid' I should be ok :rotfl:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

They are probably wrong - or being over dramatic! But what's the worst they can do.. send you for a growth scan and YAY you'd get to see your LO (or big one, lol) again!

It'll all be fine i'm sure :D xxxxxx

I measured 38 weeks at 32 so was referred to the hospital who were not overly concerned and reckoned I was carrying an 8lb something baby from previous and size of bump - Megan was born on Sat 10lb 8oz so they were wrong :lol: BUT it was an easy 2 hour delivery with gas and air and no stitches so dont mind her being biff :)

they werent wrong with me either i was measuring 12 weeks in front and hannah was bron at 35+5 at 10lb 4oz

My MW doesn't even tell me my FH and the one i see at hospital doesn't even do it.. so i don't think there's much faith there :) Have heard bigger babies are easier to deliver as they help themselves out.. don't know how true that is. xx

Wow, so the fundal height can be in indicator. The babies head circumfrence and femur length had increased signinficantly between my two scans.

25 feb - 20 + 5 weeks: FL 37.0 mm, HC 196.0 mm
11 Apr- 27+ 2 weeks : FL 55.0 mm, HC 279.0 mm

They called it 'raised interval growth'

This may sound funny, and it may just be because its a second pregnancy....But I do not feel that my body can go full term. Feel a major pressure on my bladder and back passage most days now. It may just be that the baby is big. And UTI's don't help...Who knows??lol

midwife sent me for a scan at 34 weeks because she thought baby was big, turned out he was perfect size for dates. fundal height is a load of rubbish it could just be big because of how baby was laying or how much fluid you have so don't get worried!! xxx

I hope baby does turn out to be a size i can handle lol

But, as baby had accelarated growth between the last two scans....I amnotfeeling very optimistic :(

fuffins1981 said:
But, as baby had accelarated growth between the last two scans....I amnotfeeling very optimistic :(

They considered my Bumps growth at 34 weeks to be accelerated. But by 37 weeks it had levelled off.

Try not to worry overly. I'm sure they will keep an eye on things :)

Thank you Sherry.

I think I am a worry wart by nature. Tell myself not to worry, but fail miserably.

I have weighed up evidence and put it all against me lol....Just have images of having to be sawed in half to get bubs out!! :shock: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back