Nearly 10 months - too many bottles?

Babylicious

Reaction score
Harrison is still taking 4 bottles a day, at this stage should I be offering him more food to reduce the milk? He's not keen on milk through a sippy cup and won't hold the bottle himself either.

I'm not sure hun as Lola's never had formula :hug:

My nephew was still having about 4 bottles a day though maybe more until my sister switched him onto cows milk at about 14 months. He never really ate that much until she swapped him over, Just 3 small meals a day but now he never stops eating :lol:

Baillie only takes 2 - one around 2pm and one at 7pm (bedtime). She cut out the bottles herself as she started eating more at mealtimes. If your unsure hun ask your HV - my friends LO is 18 months and still takes the equivalent of 4-5 bottles of cows milk as she's not a big eater.

Kim x x x x

You don't have to reduce his milk intake as such but try adding cows milk to his food instead, like porridge for breakfast, omelette fingers or scrambled eggs. I'm not sure how much a 10 month old 'should' be having. Look on the formula label or look in the book the HV gave you.

:)

He should be having at least 500-600ml a day but that's a minimum, not a maximum. All his nutrition comes from milk still though this can be milk that you mix with food such as in cheese sauces or with cereal. If he wants 4 bottles then that is what is right for him. At Christmas dinner I bet some people had 3 roast potatoes and some had 5 - people all have different appetites and burn off different amounts of energy. Babies don't all take the same amount (though the formula box does try to prescrbe how much your child should have and in how many feeds :roll: )

I already use cows milk on his breakfast and mixed into his foods. He eats plenty of dairy.

Thing is he is a BIG eater and eats 3 large meals a day plus pudding and still has the 4 bottles, he's getting quite chubby too despite crawling & cruising :lol:

Caden still has 5 x6oz bottles most days,1 of my HV moans every time i see her that he should have more food and less milk :wall: :wall: i have tried to up his food but basically all he will eat is potato,veg and meat every day!id say just go with what feels right for you and LO as all babies are different and they know when theyre hungry. :hug:

Ella still has 4 bottles a day, between 7oz and 8oz. The HV said to me a little while ago that they should be having around 21oz of formula a day. Els has 2 meals a day with puddings on top of her bottles, and she didn't gain any weight when we last took her to clinic. She hadn't been weighed for over a month prior to that.

substitute 1 milk with some juice, tommietippy do a great soft spout beaker ted still had 4 bottles to and hes is 1.. but hardly eats ( hes got much better over the past few weeks though) he just loves his milk.. i do substitute bottles if i can.. sometimes he wont have any of it though..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back