?holding own bottle

rainbow dancer

Reaction score
what age should babys be encouraged to try and hold there own bottles? lucy is nearly 7 months and although can kind of !! hold a sippy cup she has shown no interest in holding herown bottle. also do i need to change the bottles as im not sure if the closer to nature are a bit chunky and wide for her to hold?? any advise would be great thanks in advance xx

Charley's almost 11 months and still ain't holding his own bottle although I think he's just being lazy.
He can drink from a sippy cup but again prefers me to hold it for him

thanks hun, im not in a rush for her to do anything but wasnt sure when they decide they can do it themselves!! id be quite sad the day she decides she doesnt need me too feed her!!! selfish i know lol xx

Herb is 1 on the 20th and has been for about 6-7 wks only because every other baby at playgroup was so I made him I think he could of done it before but I just did it lol

Owen did it around 10 months but I left it and made him! Others were doing it around him too and he was just lazy! Once he learnt then I held it again cos I liked to hug him and feed him :) xx

Maybe I need to encourage charley more. If I give him the bottle he shakes it so the milk goes everywhere but he won't put it in his mouth!!

Lizzie won't let me hold her beaker - she knows that's 'hers', but I still hold the bottle for her cos that tends to be a night time when she's sleepy anyway.

I don't think Ella ever held her own bottle :blush: she was proper mollycoddled being the baby! Katie was doing it from about 6 months tho! Oh and E stopped her bottles at about 18m and was still laying on my knees for then!

marleys almost 1 and doesnt really hold his own bottle! he does sometimes but doesnt get that he has to tip it up to drink out of so gets annoyed and throws it on the ground!! he can drink from a sippy cup by himself but he prefers me to hold it for him!!

Sophia doesn't have a bottle very often, but sometimes she'll do it herself and sometimes she (I think!) is too lazy! I reckon the sippy cup is the most important think for her to learn to hold.

noa have always held his own bottle since we started with bottes at 5 month. i think they will soon get the hang of it if tey are hungry x

dylans been holding his from about4 1/2 months! first we started putting handles on it so he got used to it and eventually he started to put his hands on them. soon he started tuggin on them and i'd just let him take it. eventually he started to try n get it in his mouth n after a few time of positioning it for him he picked it up. now we dont bother with the handkes as it give him more control over throwing it! Ive found he only drinks it with perfect contol if hes lyon on his back! in his bouncy chair he finds it harder to lift it higher!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back