How many bottles?

Tiggy26

Reaction score
Hello,

How many bottles is you LO having at 6 months old? Antonio is still having 6 bottles of 7oz. I wanted to start increasing his meals so im just looking for advice really, do I decrease his milk to 5oz maybe? or keep giving him 7oz bottles but drop down to 4 bottles a day?

Thanks

T xx

Im sorry i cant help you. Maybe give your HV a quick call??

X

Confusing isn't it?! :think: I'm asking the same sort of quiestion so if I get any replies i'll let you know :)

My son is 8 months and i think the recommendation is to reduce the number of bottles but keep them at about 7oz. A fully weaned baby needs 500-600 mls of milk a day. I am using the timetable in the anabel karmel book.

Breakfast- porridge and milk
mid morning snack -milk
lunch-meat and veg and pudding
afternoon snack- milk
dinner-maybe pasta and pudding
before bed- milk

I know the back of follow-on formula milk it suggest 3 bottles a day but we are not ready to cut one out yet. I guess in a bit i will introduce a snack instead of one of the bottles.

Hope that helps

4 bottles at mo , usually 2 8oz and 2 6oz , the 6 oz are only cos i make them that way , he'd have more but dr has strickly told me to up solids and decrease milk , but no way am i dropping to 3 bottles yet

Gem & Leland said:
4 bottles at mo , usually 2 8oz and 2 6oz , the 6 oz are only cos i make them that way , he'd have more but dr has strickly told me to up solids and decrease milk , but no way am i dropping to 3 bottles yet

Its so scarey isnt it, I feel so cluleless about all this and i dont trust my HV enough as shes given me to much crap advice already! Leyland's only a bit older than antonio so I might just drop him to 5 bottles tomorrow and see how we go. He tends to drink most milk in the late afternoon and evening so i will play around with oz's according to his needs and take it from there. How much is leyland eating now? Antonio is only taking a very small breakfast (around 5-6 spoons) and then at lunch he only has a small amount of pureed food and same for dinner, im getting the feeling this is becuase im filling him up with to much milk?

he has ........

8 am = 8oz bottle
9am = stage 1 jar ( ether fruit or museli or rice )and some finger food to play with like toast but this doesnt usualy get eaten !
12 pm = 6oz bottle
1/2pm = half stage 1 savoury + petit flouis or half stage 1 fruit jar ( sometimes this can be finger food too like bananna or veg in his fresh food feeder
4/5 pm 6oz bottle
6pm = half stage 1 savoury and half stage 1 dessert / fruit
10.30 pm = 8oz bottle

and still this isnt enough solids , his poor tum tum ! i also offer water throught out say and with every solid meal

Gem & Leland said:
he has ........

8 am = 8oz bottle
9am = stage 1 jar ( ether fruit or museli or rice )and some finger food to play with like toast but this doesnt usualy get eaten !
12 pm = 6oz bottle
1/2pm = half stage 1 savoury + petit flouis or half stage 1 fruit jar ( sometimes this can be finger food too like bananna or veg in his fresh food feeder
4/5 pm 6oz bottle
6pm = half stage 1 savoury and half stage 1 dessert / fruit
10.30 pm = 8oz bottle

and still this isnt enough solids , his poor tum tum ! i also offer water throught out say and with every solid meal

It looks to me like hes doing very well!! yep, think i will definatly drop a bottle tomorrow and increase his food. watch this space.

Thanx Gem xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back