how many bottles a day?

hayley

Reaction score
how many bottles should Jacob have when he's eating a breakfast and evening meal? This is a typical day.

7.30am - milk

10.30/11am - between 4 & 5 teaspoons of baby creamed oats + milk

2/2.30pm - milk

5.3/6pm - between 4 & 5 teaspoons of sweet pot or carrot n sweetcorn + milk

9.30pm - milk

I make him up 8oz bottles - he drinks anything from 4oz to 7oz!
Should I drop a bottle? I think he needs his 9.30pm bottle otherwise he'd wake for a feed. Should i drop the 7.30am feed? but then he'll be going along time without a feed... or should i not give him a bottle after his oats? he seems happy enough with his feeds as they are.. should i keep to 5 bottles for now? I've been told food replaces a bottle but i'm sure thats not right... is it???

x

hayley said:
I've been told food replaces a bottle but i'm sure thats not right... is it???

x

no this is not true hayley your right. I just read it in my annabell karmel book.

I think if jacob didnt want the milk he wold drop the bottle himself.

Ellis has 9.30 am bottle 5 ounces (he dropped his 7am bottle himself wouldnt take it)

12.30 bottle 3-4 ounces

15.30 bottle 4-5 ounces

18.30 bottle 5-6 ounces

21.30 bottle 5-6 ounces (dream feed so I wake him for it)

between 2am-4am he wakes for bottle 4-5 ounces.

hope this helps hun xxxxx

I think he will drop the bottle when he is ready.

Joe take

7ish 6oz

10 some baby bfast

11 6oz

2 6oz

5 6oz

6ish some dinner

7.30 6oz

11 6oz

the times can vary but the quantity is the same.
He is truly a wee ganet, there is no feeding him up. But his sister was the same and slowly she would drop a bottle. If my memeory is right it was the midafternoon one that went first.

Hi Hayley nice to see you, hows jacob?

Olivia has a bottle between 7-8am

5-6oz and a meal about 11ish (pureed veg and potatoe or sometimes a jar)

5-6oz between 2-3

5-6oz and a pudding between 5-6ish

Then her last feed is about 9pm sometime if she isnt awake i dream feed her!

She then wakes up again anytime between 3-5 but only takes 3-4oz!

Seems a lot when i write it down!

Hi kelly - i'm fine and Jacob is wonderful. He's growing every day! Your daily feeding routine is exactly like mine althou my health career told me to try giving him a dummy when he wakes around 3 in the morning! I did and he fel back a sleep. i think he was waking for a feed out of habit. Now i don't even give him a dummy. I'll go in to check on him twice throu the nite without him seeing me. (usually to fix his covers as he riggles out of them) I can now have the odd glass of wine or 2 at nite and know i wont need to get up to feed him!

How is Olivia? how are you?

x

We are fne tnx, Olivia is full of cold at the minute!

I have tried putting her dummy in she sometimes goes back off for a bit but not for long, it's quite frustrating because she is only taking 3-4 oz just to top herself up! She great when she has had it she goes straight back off again!

Im hoping she will grow out of it eventually, sooner rather than later lol!

She is a lot better than Brooke was at this age, she was a nightmare right up until the age of one the little madam lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back