Naughty step

Mamafy

Reaction score
So the last few days my lil madam has warrented quite a few trips to the naughty step :lol:

She has no bother going to it, no bother staying in it, no bother saying sorry when she comes out of it :lol:

I think she enjoys it :rofl:

Yesterday the phone rang while she was on it and I forgot to take her out of it, Joe came to me after 5-10 minutes to say Katie was still on it :rofl:

So do you use it?

I plan on using it when he understands

I think I need one for the daft mutt at the moment :wall:

I plan on using it too when Evie is old enough to understand what it means. I am getting the start of the tantrums at the moment and they are not fun are they!

Katie goes in it for hitting :oops: Proper little bully she is :mad:

I never had the need to use it with DD but I would of done and will do this time if I need to x

we have a wall which the kids have to stand against, they are ok going,staying there and saying sorry

Katie goes in it for hitting :oops: Proper little bully she is :mad:

Evie is showing signs of hitting. She will strike out at me or her Dad if she is annoyed or she pinches us and will pull my hair too. We tell her no and put her down and walk away at the moment but I've no idea if that is the right thing to do. I really hope she doesn't do it at nursery, that would be awful.

I plan on using a step, definitely not a corner as he loves to sit in a corner for some reason :eh:
ATM, AJ is laughing when I ask him not to do something! :wall2:

Last edited:
:rofl: I love the fact that she stayed there :rofl:

We don't use a step as I can't always get to the same place if I've got both boys with me or if I'm feeding Toby so I sit Sam somewhere away from toys etc. In the lounge it's over near the corner by the door. The other day he hit Toby (not hard but when he gets tired and grumpy he usually takes things out on him), got up and said 'I'll sit in the corner' without me saying anything :lol: Yesterday after I'd put him there for throwing things he said, 'I love saying sorry' when I went to get him!

We use it, if they dont sit there quietly then i sit them in their room either on their little beanbags or on their bed.

:rofl: I love the fact that she stayed there :rofl:

We don't use a step as I can't always get to the same place if I've got both boys with me or if I'm feeding Toby so I sit Sam somewhere away from toys etc. In the lounge it's over near the corner by the door. The other day he hit Toby (not hard but when he gets tired and grumpy he usually takes things out on him), got up and said 'I'll sit in the corner' without me saying anything :lol: Yesterday after I'd put him there for throwing things he said, 'I love saying sorry' when I went to get him!

I know we're talking about the naughty step but that is so sweet!

I'll go sit in the corner - that's made me smile :)

We send Dec to his bedroom, the naughty step never worked for us he just thought it was fun, so he will go to his bedroom for 2 mins, usually it is for hitting or kicking :( Tbh I dont know if it works because it has got to a stage now where he will hit someone look at me and say " I will go to my bedroom" or if he is playing and he does something bad and I dont see it he will say to the child he is playing with " you put me to my bedroom" and he will go and sit in his room. The only problem we have is Dec totally refuses to say the word sorry, it is so weird he will take a temper and scream and shout if we tell him to say sorry, I spoke to my HV about it but she is a d**k and said he isnt saying it because he doesnt have to, which is bull, I kept him in his room one day for 2 hours trying to get him to say sorry, he wont even say it in a sentence if I am reading a story and say something like the little boy said sorry and ask him what did the little boy do he will just say "no mummy, me no like that" !!!!! He will give someone a hug as a way of saying sorry so he is not actually afraid of being sorry it just seems to be the word.

Sorry mamafy I have wrote an essay in your thread *blush*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back