Names

Penstraze

Reaction score
I feel like I'm very odd I have no names in mind that I like and no real interest in finding any right now, everyone keeps asking me about names and I see all these people in first tri and even ttc saying about choosing names or loving this name, I thought after 12 week scan I would want to start thinking about it cause until then was trying not to think too far into future but my MIL brought me a name book which was really nice of her and went through pages and pages not seeing one single name that made me think yeah I like that and got bored, my poor baby might not get a name cause I can't be arsed how lazy am I!!! :rotfl:

Its not that I am not excited about baby I am and am loving this pregnancy and reading up about babies developement and everything its just the name thing I know its early days and we have loads of time yet which is probably why I can't get enthusiasm to really think about it.

Anyone else feel like this so I don't feel so odd?!

I know how you feel! We have found a girl's name we like but I can't find any boy's names and I'm just finding that there's soooo much other stuff to think about - from scans to appointments to moving house to prams to types of sheets and blankets to feeding etc etc..... I always thought the name would be my priority when I got pregnant but I never realised there would be so much more to occupy my mind...!

I'm exactly the same... I have a piece of paper that i am writing nice names when i hear them, but there's only about 2 on it... It just seems so long away and I can't get enthusiastic either...

J
XX

when i first found out i was pregnant we talked about names for ages but neve came up with any favourites,
After my 12 week scan i decided to wait until i knew sex of baby at 20 weeks to find a name
Then she wouldnt show us and just before my 4D scan i decided i liked Sophia, and after we found out she was a girl it's her name atm, its the only name so far i like.
But i make a point of stressing to people that just becasue i like it now doesnt mean she'll be called that, for all i know she might come out and not look like a sophia at all.
I kinda just intended to "wing it" and hope insperation struck lol. glad shes not a boy as i had no boy names at all

I'm with you girls, it sound awful bu I just don't have an interest :oops:

Alex xxx

i have a boys name i like but not a girl's name at all, or if i find one i like it wears off after a few days. My DH wont even suggest anmes until after the birth.

Men

Sandi

Ditto the aboves! We have a solid girls name but not set on a boys name and haven't even given it a thought for weeks and not bothered at the mo either as not long until our next scan and we'll be finding out whether its a boy or girl then so will probably start thinking more after that. xx

We have a boys name but havent really got a girls name, and when ever i sit down for ten minutes to have a peak at names online i get bored and can't be arsed.
I'm just hoping that nearer the time the names will just jump out at me, well Harrisons did.

If your odd Penstraze, so am I :D

Names is something I've really not thought about, and when I do I can't seem to get excited about any :think: Because most people around me are obsessed with me having a girl, I think thats adding to me 'ignoring' the name issue because I'll feel so bad when they say 'It's a boy' :lol: But don't worry, your baby will be named and it will be the perfect name for them when you decide it :hug:

There was a lady on the ward where I was who's baby didn't have a name at 3days old and all his cards were addressed to 'Baby', I thought it was cute, nothing wrong with waiting until that perfect name is said :hug: :hug: :hug:

Im so glad its not just me what a relief the way everyone looks at me where they ask what names I like and I say dunno not thought of any makes me feel like a alien or something :rotfl: thanks girls!!!

Redshoes said:
If your odd Penstraze, so am I :D

Names is something I've really not thought about, and when I do I can't seem to get excited about any :think: Because most people around me are obsessed with me having a girl, I think thats adding to me 'ignoring' the name issue because I'll feel so bad when they say 'It's a boy' :lol: But don't worry, your baby will be named and it will be the perfect name for them when you decide it :hug:

There was a lady on the ward where I was who's baby didn't have a name at 3days old and all his cards were addressed to 'Baby', I thought it was cute, nothing wrong with waiting until that perfect name is said :hug: :hug: :hug:

Wow how odd everyone around me is obsessed that I'm going to have a girl too cause they all want me to and I keep thinking how im going to feel bad when they say 'its a boy' and theres only about a day between our due dates too, spooky! :lol: :lol:

MissSara said:
I'm just hoping that nearer the time the names will just jump out at me, well Harrisons did.

So did you go with my suggestion of Ford then?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Mx

Sadly no we havn't gone with your choice...........lol

We don'tr even have names picked out yet and we are 30 weeks gone! We have an idea (or more that i do) but my DH still thinks it is ages away and no need to think about it just yet.

I wouldn't worry - the perfect name will be thought of when youa re good and ready x

Penstraze said:
Im so glad its not just me what a relief the way everyone looks at me where they ask what names I like and I say dunno not thought of any makes me feel like a alien or something :rotfl: thanks girls!!!

Redshoes said:
I think thats adding to me 'ignoring' the name issue because I'll feel so bad when they say 'It's a boy' :lol: But don't worry, your baby will be named and it will be the perfect name for them when you decide it :hug:

Wow how odd everyone around me is obsessed that I'm going to have a girl too cause they all want me to and I keep thinking how im going to feel bad when they say 'its a boy' and theres only about a day between our due dates too, spooky! :lol: :lol:

:lol:
Well with all them people thinking team Pink we may end up with girls, then we'll have reduced the name choice dramatically, so it may be easier to choose one heehee :hug:

Yeah true maybe I'll just leave it til after 20 week scan and then hopefully will only have one name to pick, do you have a date for 20 week scan yet? Mine april 29th and we're going to see if we can find out sex am too impatient to wait, are you finding out?

I used to think Harrison Ford was the founder of the Ford car company :oops:

xx

p.s. I always think of names! First baby though... so I'm dead excited

My son was kind of named Ethan...Then as soon as I saw him, I said 'he is not an Ethan....He is a Ty!.....But not sure I want him just named Ty...He shall be Tyler."

This all happened in a matter of mins...So, do not worry. Your baby will have a name....And if it doesn't, after 6 weeks, the government will give it one anyway!lol

Then you can introduce Mafanwe to us all lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back