My TTC/Infertility Update

Sydney

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been a bit MIA recently, trying to not focus on babies and TTC when I was in TTC lockdown. Here's a little summary to bring you up to speed and what's next for us:

1. First pregnancy July 2018 - natural conception but ended in ruptured ectopic. Lost my left tube.
2. Due to a few considerations, we decided to move forward with IVF - privately funded as a way of speeding things up. We did this in Europe as it was cheaper and meant we could almost get going right away (and also thanks in part to our credit card :lol:.
3. IVF in May 2019 - hatching blastocyst day 5 transferred and resulted in a BFP. Sadly this also ended in another ectopic pregnancy - in my remaining right tube. It was a live ectopic (had a heart beat) and so my right tube was taken.
4. About 3.5 weeks after surgery I developed abdominal pain which resulted in us finding out some of the cells weren't taken (it was only a partial tube removal as the ovarian end of the tube was stuck to my bowel - likely caused by scar tissue from my first ectopic). These cells started dividing again and so I then had to have methotrexate to target these cells and essentially kill them off. So for this ectopic I ended up having surgical AND medical management :(. The methotrexate also meant a 3 month wait on any IVF/pregnancy due to how toxic it is and that it can cause fetal abnormalities.
5. We have two embryos in cryopreservation.

So... I stopped the pill last night in order to control my dates ready for our FET (frozen embryo transfer) in October! As a shift worker, I've managed to work this around my shifts and not need any formal leave - thank god for the pill and being able to have some control over dates! I'm really excited and trying to be positive and hopeful of a good outcome. We are opting for embryo glue and I'm booked in for acupuncture before and after the transfer.

Anyways, I should know by this time in October if it's worked. We have 1 x hatching blast (frozen day 6) and 1 x expanded blastocyst (frozen day 5). I'm debating putting my name down for October's test thread but I'm so nervous. And scared.

Hoping for our little miracle baby.

Wishing you all the best of luck also xox

Oh wow you really have been through it.
I hope you get your rainbow baby.
Come and join us on the October thread <3 xx

Oh hun, I’ve been wondering how you’ve been since your last ectopic.

Best of luck for your FET xxx

@chattychar1990 - thank you. Knowing me I probably will test before OTD of 1/11/2019 :lol:

@SugaryIris - thank you. It's felt like a long time and so it's nice to finally have some choices/control again! Really can't wait.
Congratulations on your :bfp: too! Such incredible news! xx

Wow, you deserve this rainbow so much! Good thing is you can get pregnant. Hope this cycle is the lucky one! Keeping everything crossed for you!:hug:

Wow, you deserve this rainbow so much! Good thing is you can get pregnant. Hope this cycle is the lucky one! Keeping everything crossed for you!:hug:
Thank you! <3

Thanks all! I had a 5dXB transferred on Monday 21st October. Now in the TWW.... which I'm trying to embrace as much as possible, as I may only have another one or two in my lifetime. Different perspective now x

Ohhhh @Sydney I have just read your journal. I am so sorry for what you have gone through. So much. I hope this will be your rainbow baby. I would love to see you getting your bfp and I wish you all the luck in the world :pray: :clover: <3 :hugs: xxx

Thanks all! I had a 5dXB transferred on Monday 21st October. Now in the TWW.... which I'm trying to embrace as much as possible, as I may only have another one or two in my lifetime. Different perspective now x

Four days in already! :D When are you planning on testing? So excited for you, Sydney!

All the baby dust your way, hoping it’s a sticky little blasto xx

Hey!
Sorry, I didn't get any notifications of replies. Thank you for your supportive messages, I truly appreciate it.

Today I'm 10dp5dt and bfn on FRER. OTD is 14dpt but I am not hopeful. Think my crappy thin lining is to blame and I'm devastated. One embryo left and then we are back at square one except with one less tube (had one when we started IVF, now I have none).

Devastated.

I’m sorry Sydney. I was inconsolable when my first ivf round failed. It’s heartbreaking. Take care of yourself, hope your next FET gets you your baby x

Hey!
Sorry, I didn't get any notifications of replies. Thank you for your supportive messages, I truly appreciate it.

Today I'm 10dp5dt and bfn on FRER. OTD is 14dpt but I am not hopeful. Think my crappy thin lining is to blame and I'm devastated. One embryo left and then we are back at square one except with one less tube (had one when we started IVF, now I have none).

Devastated.

I’m sorry hun, you can implant really late with ivf so don’t lose all hope yet, at 14dpt my sister my sister got a barely there line, turns out she was pregnant with my neice who is now 5 xx

I’m sorry @Sydney , I remember how that feels and it sucks. Sending love x

OTD today and bfn.

Next step is a hysteroscopy to see if all is ok after surgical management of ectopic x 2 and poor lining for this fet. If that's ok will look at down-regulating for my next fet to allow more time to build my lining..

Thanks again for all the well wishes.

For now.. that's me over and out.

Sydney's gone fishing. Ciao

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27