My Rainbow - Eleanor Rose

You'll possibly be waiting longer for your cycle as your ebf.

I thought mine would come back relatively quickly as I'm combined feeding but four weeks takes the piss!! Lol!!

XX

I'm hoping it takes longer I ebf with my son but it was bang on 4 weeks after I finished bleeding I got af. So that would be next week if it's the same this time round? Please stay away lol

Mine was bang on 4 weeks from the day I gave birth!

I can't believe how painful it's been to ovulate. It started at around 11.30 last night and I'm still getting twinges now!

XX

Ouchy I only rarely get ov pain I've gears it can be really bad I feel sorry for you x

It made me feel like I was going to be sick earlier!!

I've read that some women get admitted to hospital with it as they think it's appendicitis! I used to think it was trapped wind before I realised what it actually was!

XX

I think I only felt ov pain about 3 times in my life one time was just after dtd that resulted in one of my losses but I felt dead chuffed we dtd bang on time lol. Ita weird as I get really bad af pains as my lining goes through into the muscle around my womb. It's not endo or anything like that apparently it can be caused by childbirth but I've had bad af pain since way before my son. But I would have thought af and ov pains go hand in hand!

As much as it was painful ,(although I think this was among the worst!) I used to feel very reassured by ov pains when TTC as at least I knew things were working!

Just back from the gp for my 6 week check. All is good and I have sorted contraception. Hubby will be getting the snip but gp said can't get referred until baby is a few months old, then there's a waiting list, then need two negative sperm samples so all in all it's likely to be a few months until it's all sorted. I've got the pill to take and hoping it will help my ov pains too!

Gp said that in regards to what you can take when bf has all changed and it's OK to take it now after baby is six weeks. If it helps my ov pains then I might stay on it!

Bad news about my hayfever meds though. She said that it's advised not to take it when bf but that's likely to just be them covering their backs. I've only taken a couple when it's got really bad and seeing as how I'm not ebf I'm sure the odd one now and then won't hurt.

HV is coming tomorrow for her 6 week check and she's all booked in to have her jabs in a couple of weeks.

XX

Anya has her 6 week next week and I haven't heard from gp yet!
Wah that's a long time before snip. I can't take the pill so gonna have to be very careful lol. Hope it helos your ov pains thpugh.
The pharmacy told me I can't take pills or nasal spray for my hayfever but the eyedrops are fine. So that's some relief at least. My hayfever was so bad last week I got hives :(

Last edited:
Have you been given the normal pill? I was given the mini pill which I have never had before xx

Ery, my doc said that beconaise is OK to take.

It's just the normal pill I think. Can't remember what it's called!

I'll start taking it on the first day of my AF which will be in around 10-12 days or so but we'll not be covered contraception wise until I've been taking it for a week. I'm not overly concerned though as I've ovulated already and we're not actually sleeping in the same bed so we're not DTD anyway! Lol!!

The bonus of the pill is that I have a weeks break means I'll be able to predict my AF exactly which is nice! I did have a mirena coil before which I got on well with but we'll see what happens with Hubby's snippage! He's not even mentioned it though so not sure when it'll happen!

XX

Eleanor has been really fussy at the breast today and yesterday. She's latching then unlatching, crying, beating at me with her little fists,latching, unlatching etc.

I hope it's just a little blip and not the end of our bf journey. I'm worried that she is getting frustrated at the slow flow/ lack of milk and then as she's getting upset she isn't nursing and as I get so little out expressing my supply is going to plummet :-(

She's just stirred now, so I've tried to get her on the boob asap before she's gets too fractious to be able to nurse.

I'd love to be able to combined feed until we wean at six months but I think a more realistic goal was 3 months/ 12 weeks. Or at least I thought it was more realistic! I guess I'm just going to have to be guided by her and what she's happy with. If that means we can't nurse for as long then I'm going to be so disappointed but so be it I guess.

On a positive note her 6 week check was all good and she's following her centile perfectly :)

XX

So she's nursed well without fussing for the last couple of feeds, which is just as well as one of them was in Costa!!

She just unlatched and had milk dribbling out the side of her mouth and a few drops on the top of her cheek! I wish I'd photographed it really! Could be fooled into thinking that my boobies are actually working well!! Lol!!

Opened an account for her today so she's now got more savings than I do! Lol!!

XX

She's been feeding much better from the breast thankfully and I'm wondering if the issues we were having were down to my AF arriving. From what I've read your milk can change taste due to hormone fluctuations and that can make babies not want to feed as much.

We got a perfect prep today and it is really good :) makes bottles up so quickly which is great!

I've changed her bottles to variflow teats and she's drinking them much quicker, not falling asleep half way through and finishing most of them now. I think I overfed her earlier though as she threw up loads!! Change of clothes for her, me and clean up of the sofa and carpet! I hate it when stuff like that happens as my immediately reaction is to panic that there's something wrong!

XX

Yeah I heard AF definitely affects your milk/feeding. Think it can affect supply temporarily too.

Perfect prep is a lifesaver!!!!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I went to bed at 10 last night and didn't have to get up with Eleanor until 5!!

I feel like a new woman!! Not sure what time hubby fed her and brought her up to bed as I was soundo!!

It was so nice to have a really good stretch of sleep. She stirred at about 3.30 but I gave her the dummy and covered her back up as she'd kicked her blankets off and she went straight back to sleep!

XX

Can't believe my little girl is eight weeks old already!! She's growing so quickly, it makes me so happy sad.

She smiles all the time now and makes the cutest little noises at us and when she's on her play mat. Her head control is improving and she's starting to try and push herself up on her legs. She's started rolling onto her side too although can't always figure out how to get back and then gets angry! Lol!

Her jabs are all booked in for when she's nine weeks as docs couldn't fit us in sooner.

I've put her in a 0-3 month onesie tonight and I think I'll need to go through her drawers now and bag up her newborn and up to 1 month clothes as she's not going to fit in them anymore! I might need to get a couple more vests and onesies but I think she's all good for 0-3clothes. Need to see what I've got in 3-6 and start getting a few bits as I go along so I'm ready for when she goes up a size again.

When we go in for her 8 (9) week check, I'm going to ask the doctor about having my prolactin levels checked. I'm pretty much certain I have IGT but just want my prolactin levels checked to make sure I'm taking the right dose of domperidone. I'm on 90mg a day but can take a max of 160mg. If my levels are too low then I can up my domperidone but there's no point in me increasing it if my levels are all OK already. Hopefully my gp will agree. If not then I'll just up my dose and see what happens! Hopefully it won't lessen my supply as prolactin levels that are too high can decrease milk production apparently. I think my supply is on the way out as I'm getting less and less when I express now so I need to see what I can do to keep it going. We've made it to eight weeks and two days combination feeding which I'm happy about as it's a personal best for me and I'd love to be able to keep it going.

XX

Well, it's only taken me three days, but I've managed to express enough to give my baby girl an ounce mummy's milkies all in one go! Actually feeling quite excited to give it to her!

Not going to bother with getting prolactin checked. There's no point and I'm happy with what we're doing and she's still happy to nurse so will just keep going as we are.

XX

Attachments

• 20170716_170213.jpg
    20170716_170213.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 6
Jabs were awful! She was so upset the evening after and properly crying and screaming, it was heartbreaking :cry: She's such a happy soul usually and very rarely properly cries. She's got a bit of a cold at the moment so is a bit congested and still not quite herself.

Breast feeding is just taken one feed at a time. Sometimes she'll nurse and sometimes she won't so I just have to go with what she'll do at the time. I try to express when she doesn't feed to keep my supply going as much as I can. I'd love to get to three months bf her, six months would be awesome but I think that's unrealistic given the supply issues I have. Three months was my original goal and I hope we can get there but it'll all depend on what my little lady wants. Obviously it's much easier on her part for her to have a bottle as it's much less effort than bf but sometimes when she's unsettled a bf is what sends her off to sleep.

Ten weeks old tomorrow and we're off to a party at my mum and dad's house. My gran, aunties and cousins from my dad's side of the family will be there and some of them haven't met Eleanor yet as they live too far away to just pop in for a visit, so it'll be lovely to get together with everyone.

XX

Geez 10 weeks already where does the time go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back