Allergic to formula...?

SmallPurpleCat

Reaction score
I have tried to introduce a bottle of formula a day to Isla as she hasn't been gaining weight after a week of rubbish feeding.

But, I've noticed that after I have given it to her, a few hours later she has red blotches around her eyes and mouth and all over her back. I'm thinking they might be hives and it's a reaction to formula - milk allergy...?

Anyone experienced this? I'm now back to expressing and bottle feeding her during the day so I can see how much she is getting and breastfeeding at night but feel pressured with my supply as I don't want to give her any more formula in case of a reaction again.

I'm going to take her to the Doctors on Monday - we're away at the moment - and see what to do next...

Sorry to hear that Hun, could be a possibility formula has more Lactose in than breast milk. Tegan is Lactose intolerant and ended up covered in Eczema before i stopped eating dairy x

Henrys allergic to milk protein, he's on a prescription milk, pregestimil, he still gets a rash occasionally.

sent from iPhone sorry for the typos!!

Henrys allergic to milk protein, he's on a prescription milk, pregestimil, he still gets a rash occasionally.

What test did he have to establish that he's allergic to milk protein?

Isla has been prescribed Aptamil Pepti - she had her first bottle of it today and didn't refuse it so that's a good start!

My GP just prescribed it and said not to give her cows milk until she is 12 months...I'd really like an actual diagnosis and some guidance regarding weaning etc. Am going to write my GP a note and go from there...

I dont know whether its different in babies, but I am lactose intolerent and have never been given an actual test, mainly because its too expensive so my GP didnt do it, but since I stopped eating dairy, about 4 years ago, all my symptoms disappeared. Im thinking Zak mite be the same .... just something not quite right with him, he seems to sound a little congested once hes been fed , has quite dry skin and is having some strange poos, sorry for the tmi, but they have the consistancy of like mucus sometimes, like stringy.... anyone had any experience of these symptoms ? He is not refusing his feeds and is gaining weight well so dont no what it is really. x

quite possibly an alleergy...
Owen has v bad eczema, just not shifting. GP finially refered us today for allergy testing-could be a month before apt though :(

Didn't realise you can get sma lactose free. think I may give it a go. His eyelids are so dry and eyes red and swollen. I just have a feeling it's an allergy...

hope you get some answers

quite possibly an alleergy...
Owen has v bad eczema, just not shifting. GP finially refered us today for allergy testing-could be a month before apt though :(

Didn't realise you can get sma lactose free. think I may give it a go. His eyelids are so dry and eyes red and swollen. I just have a feeling it's an allergy...

hope you get some answers

If you ask in boots they'll order it in for you its quite expensive about £6 for a 426g tin i don't have to pay for it though as i've got it on repeat prescription x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back