My pushchair gives me static shock!

happy-chick

Reaction score
Anyone else experienced this?

We keep getting really strong static shocls from our Maclaren XLR, not just a bit of a shock a proper whack that hurts and im seriously considering changing pram because of it!! We've been in Mothercare and they said that they had alot of people coming in with the same problem, they had contacted Maclaren and they had said its nothing to do with the pram and its the clothes that the person is wearing. I have looked at the newer pushchair & its identical apart from it has plastic type wheels rather than rubber, i suspect this could be why? I cant see how it can be what the person is wearing when several people get the shocks not just me, all wearing different things :think: its a bit odd really & I have a feeling its just an excuse tbh.

I plan to write to Maclaren then I will probably sell the pushchair although i dont wanna as I love it :(

Yes we do with our Pliko P3. But only in Primark :lol:

:lol: Not from our pram but from our baby!!!! She has a fleecy sleep suit and I'm always kissing her and getting shocked! lol!

YES... the mama & papa's mamu that I bought last time I went on holiday kept giving me shocks! Was horrid - they would actually bounce off me on to passers by!

I get shocks from everything. I've worked out that it's because I shuffle my feet too much and I'm a lazy walker so I create too much friction on certain surfaces!

:lol: :hug:

I get shocks all the time, I blame my dressing gown :)

Maybe you could get some thin rubber or pvc or something (sure you've got some lying around under the bed) :wink: and wrap it over the handles. You can't get a shock from rubber :)

Lou said:
I get shocks all the time, I blame my dressing gown :)

Maybe you could get some thin rubber or pvc or something (sure you've got some lying around under the bed) :wink: and wrap it over the handles. You can't get a shock from rubber :)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: dirty biatch!! :wink:

The handles are rubber but that makes it worse as if u brush past the metal under the rubber its really charged up!
Its a mystery :think: :wall: drives me mad though!!

oooo thats is odd then :think: I give Isaac shocks that actually spark sometimes, and the other day, Jed thinks its not possible, but I got a shock from putting my hands under a running tap!

Don't know what else to suggest hun, sorry :( At least you won't need to buy hairspray anymore so thats a bonus :dance:

We've got the XLR and have the same problem in some shops. I think it's just in shops with carpets. Debenhams is really bad - I just can't take her in, it's a disaster!

I've got a M&P pulse and I always get shocks - I just assumed it was me dragging my feet. It's got to the point where I dread pushing the lift button in shops because that does give me quite a shock!

pilkers said:
I get shocks from everything. I've worked out that it's because I shuffle my feet too much and I'm a lazy walker so I create too much friction on certain surfaces!

:lol: :hug:

Im exactly the same lol! My OH swears that one day I will internally combust haha :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back