My Pre-Op checks today went well

JJ Mum

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Well I had my preop checks today, and met the other three lovely ladies booked in with me for sections in the next few weeks. One from Denmark with one child and one who is also on her 4th elective section too, spooky! I will be the most far along lady when we have our ops for some reason! one lady will only be 37 plus 5 on the day!!

All was good, signed my consent for op and the snip! Saw the anetheatist I wil see on the day, and Devon's HB was 130 bpm and he is 3/5ths engaged, which I found fasinating as no-one has ever checked that on any of my babies before! I have my ted stockings in a lovely shade of green for putting on at 6am after a shower on the day! I have stuff of reduce stomach acid to take the night before at 10pm and 6am. I have a free parking ticket for the day and a prescription for codine for afterwards- all very organised!

Guess what - I was there at 12:30 lunchtime, and didn't get home till 6pm! One poor lady had brought her hubby and tiny child along!!!

My poor night working hubby is in bed now, as he only got 2 hours sleep this morning and then had to have the kids while I was there. He has had 1 hour 15 mins since we got back and has to leave for work in about another hour!! I feel really sorry for him, he looked like a zombie and was less than patient with the kids!! so fun afternoon for them too...

I even have to go back to pathology nearer the section to get bloods done, as they don't do it at preop as too far from the date of op! what a waste of time, as if my blood will change in the time!

I still have the telephone number , if I get proper like painful and regular 10 min conrtractions in the meantime, so nice to have a plan just incase.

I was wonderin how it went today...glad all is well,won't b long til baby devon is here xxxx

Sounds very naughty, but I really wanted him to arrive when he wants too and not when they say! I lost my plug, I get lots of braxtons hicks, and slight period pains , more at end of days, but no sign yet!!

I still have a very slim chance between now and then, come on Devon, let me know what the start of labour is like at least, even if it's horrible, it's a womens right to be natural and normal!!

fingers crossed for me girls, I know I can't have him normally, but how can I be there for my daughter without experiancing some of normal labour pains! The nearest I got was the miscaridge mess in march and that was awful, contractions every 2 mins , lasting 2 mins, doubled up on the landing for 4 hours and in A&E, then D&C and blood transufions, but a taster of labour would be nice ..... (I'm sure your all groaning and saying slap her the fool now!)

Last edited:
Yes JJ - big slap lol

The start of labour feels like really bad period pains but as it progresses it goes through your whole body in big waves so the start of labour isn't a proper indication of what it's really like.

Your so lucky having a date of when you will meet your baby and that you won't have that pain. I sometimes hope this baby lies an awkward way so that I need a section!! I would be more relaxed about the whole thing. I hate not knowing when it will start.

Glad all went well what is the date of your op xx

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

JJ - this is probably a really cheeky question and you can tell me to piss off if you like but how comes
You have never been in labour?!? Sorry I know it's a very personal question it's just that I'm Interested and probably too damn nosey! :)

JJ - this is probably a really cheeky question and you can tell me to piss off if you like but how comes
You have never been in labour?!? Sorry I know it's a very personal question it's just that I'm Interested and probably too damn nosey! :)

I was thinking the same x

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Fab news that all went well today jj, hope you get the experience you want ;)

:) that's great :) much looking forward to being your text buddy. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back