My OPK adventure to my official 2WW

Kezzamunster

Reaction score
Morning girls

How are you all today? I'm good, think I'm posting in right section....

I'm officially in my 2WW :) I got my surge yesterday & posted pictures in the OPK Gallery, as you will see I was a POAS & got kinda obsessive & OCD about it & hassled everyone with pictures of my pee sticks & thinking "OMG it's nots happening"

I started using the cheapie OPKs very early at CD5 but started to get frustrated with them by CD10 so switched to Boots OPKs as was losing patience not seeing anything on the cheapies & no wonder really, hey ho, I persevered with it though & now know that my surge happens 2 days after Period Trackers expected OV day for me plus I feel really grotty 2 days before & tummy cramps generally get worse so if & only if I need to do again next cycle I know when to start from & use my bagful of cheapies instead of spending a fortune on them from Boots

So any girlies losing patience with them, keep positive & keep POAS, I was ready to stop doing them but glad I carried on cos would of missed my surge otherwise. Is soooooo frustrating when you see nothing but very exciting when you do

Just shows that although my cycles average out at 27 days, I don't ovulate at the standard time for my cycle length

So now the symptom spotting begins......,

I've been feeling grotty the last couple of days anyway but my boobs have become really sore & my backs achey, felt like I had extremely bad AF pains & last night had this sharp pain in the right side & BD is always a bit painful around OV time, esp if penetration is too deep (sorry TMI @ 7:30am)......the joys of OV :) Just need to remember that the symptoms can carry on from OV right up to AF & then be taken over by AF so defo gonna try & not POAS until Christmas Day (I'm sure your all have bets to see how long I last based on my track record hehe :) )

My next period is due on Christmas Day & by then I'll be 12DPO, I've got lots of 10MIU HPTs
& also bought a twin pack of CBD as well, who knows what Santa will bring eh?!

Sorry for the long post but hope it helps any girls out there struggling with their OPKs & I'll
keep you posted on my symptoms to

Have a great day girlies & speak soon

Lots of love, hugs, kezzamunster kisses & massive uber amounts of sticky bean dust

xxxxxxxxx

Aw this post is lovely! :)

I'm CD18 and still not got a positive on my opk but I doubt it will be around this time cos of my lengthy cycles so not really panicking yet haha!

Symptom spotting already! ;)

It'd be fab to see you get a Christmas Day BFP hun, hope you do. :hug:

:dust: :pompom: :dust: :pompom: :dust: :pompom: :dust: :pompom: :dust:

x x

Last edited:
Awwwww thanks MissJuly, hope it makes good reading & is helpful for everyone

Last month I went by what my Period Tracker said & what was the standard for my cycle length, no wonder it didn't happen, least I know now :)

A Christmas Day BFP would be the best Christmas present in the world, I even sent a letter to Santa asking him to sprinkle it with babydust :) & I've bought my OH a card for Christmas Day that says "To My Daddy, Merry Christmas, Lots of Love from your angel", I know it's for daddys who already have children but was a lot nicer then the daddy to be cards :)

My FX for you hun that Santa is feeling very generous & gives you your surge nice & early, how are your OPKs going?

xxxx

Aw what a cute card! I'd so love to give one of those to hubby. Maybe for his birthday in February instead though.... ;) :pray:

I had an ovulation ticker but it went by my cycle before last which was 42 days long and my next cycle went on for 65 days so the ticker was useless.

I did start tracking my BBT but I dropped it because other than my OPKs, I don't want to do anything different. :)

OPKs are ok, I think my darkest so far was yesterday's but looking at it this morning, it looks slightly fainter than it was when I did it. Must have just dried out a bit.

Thanks hun, hope you get a nice surprise at the end of your 2WW!

x x

Oh can you imagine if you get a BFP on Xmas day and announce it to OH by that card - truly amazing that would be. Thanks for your post cos I'm getting soo confused with my OPKs (as you know) so this is very helpful to me. Funny what you said about sex being painful at OV time cos the other day I was in real pain and my DH was like "what's wrong, why is it hurting?" so maybe that just happens for some of us. Saying that I'm still not sure if OVd at all yet but although my lines faded to nothing, I'm still gonna persevere with them cos it may just suddenly WHAM me with a dark line eh? So its babydust time for you....

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Oh I know what you mean MissJuly, I am a great believer in things happening for a reason, whether good or bad & when they are ready too, you can't force something to happen no matter how much you want it so like you apart from OPKs & lots of BD'in that's all we doing :)

Oooooo going by your 42 day cycle you should be due to OV soon, how exciting for you, defo FX for you hun xxx

Hey Tracey, good thinking about the OPKs, I had just about given up with them & WHAM it hit me & lines were really dark all of yesterday & wasn't till 6:30pm I got my dark as control line, was soooooooo happy :)

Yeah the pain during sex isn't nice but there is ways & means of getting round it :) where there's a will there's a way :)

Keep me posted with everything & can't wait to see more of your OPKs

xxxxx

Thanks hun, praying that the relaxed approach this month will help. :)

x x

Well I'm feeling even worse this afternoon :)

I feel like I've got the worst AF pain ever & feel unbelievably wet down there & even my knickers are damp, TMI I know

xxx

Ive got my fingers and toes crossed for you Kezza x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awwww thanks girls

Tummy has it's own heartbeat today, the joys of OV :)

xxx

Just thought I would update......

Luckily no ovary popped out my stomach last night or this morning like in the Alien film & pain pretty much gone, just dull Achey feeling, like AF now so can handle that no probs :)

Shame our bodys didn't ping when the egg released, at least you would know when to go jump into bed!!! So am assuming mine would of been between last night & this morning, hoping this morning so least I know have today & at least tomorrow

xxx

Further update of the day.........

Scrap that bit about pain being bearable, it's just horrid!!!! Now feels like someones pushing & pulling at my tummy, just want to curl up into a ball at home & for this week to be over with & doesnt help that The back ache is worse & so is my boob pain......

If it's all towards me being guaranteed a BFP then hope it doubles :)

xxx

Sounding very promising hunny :)

I know what you mean about the belly pain, mines on the right side its like a throbing pain on and off :( x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey girlies

Another day in the world of the 2WW :)

Well still feeling grotty tbh & boob & back pain still there & noticed my skin looks awful, quite spotty & skin is dry but that could just be the cold weather

I'm incredibly emotional today as well but like Mummy2Adam, could be cos of my cold but am struggling to hold back the tears today & everyone coming into work & signing in is just unbelievably rude

I've now got tummy pains but they are to the left, really quite sharp & feels like it's pulsating......

xxx

Are you taking anything for the pain? Ibruprofen or something? Hmmmm need to see what's safe for pregnancy (just in case) I pop loads of pills for my back pain but try to cut down when in 2ww and go to good old fashioned hot water bottle!!

Not at the mo Tracey but think will do some research on what's safe to take just in case

OH out tonight so think may treat myself to a lovely hot bath & relax :)

xxx

Just been looking at my dates etc & think I'm still in with a chance

According to Baby Centre my fertile days were CD11-CD16 & on my Period Tracker they were CD12-CD18

I had EWCM on CD12/13/14 & then was extremely watery on CD15/16/17

I got my LH Surge on CD16 & based on the pains I had OV on CD17

So we BD on CD12/14/16.......

Let's hope it's ok

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member