My old landlord

Emmamb

Reaction score
Has just rung and left a voicemail askin me to ring him-my mind is now in overdrive as to what he can want,I can't ring him til 2mrw but not sure whether to ring him at all-we handed the keys in 6 weeks ago and got full bond back plus interest a few days later BUT-there was little things wrong with the house that we'd 'masked',cupboard doors fallin off,boiler leaking,plug socket fusing everytime u use it etc etc-I know it's all stuff he has to fix as a landlord but we never reported it cos he creeps me out. Then I'm thinking 'what if' what if bailiffs have come to the door? I have bad debts but am on top of most of them but surely if they had come round he'd have just given them my new address?? Aaagh I'm actually scared of ringin him!!

Not sure if there's anything he can do now that he has given you your bonds back.. esp as it was days after moving out. If he has a problem with anything it was his job to sort it before giving you anything back. Also, like you said, that's just general wear and tear that he's responsible for anyways! Not sure if I'd ring either lol

I've got my hubby moanin at me to 'get him rung' but I'm actually scared-it might b somethin really trivial but if it's not then I can't b doin with him havin a go down the phone at me xx

There's nothing he can do!! Giving you your bonds back is 'the deal' ie when they are back that's it. Also they have 10 to report (maybe 2 weeks but for some reason 10 days rings a bell) to report anything wrong to the deposit scheme people. If its after that date there's nothing to be done!!!!! Worry not x

If he does have a go at you just hang up on him or pass over to OH to let him deal with it lol xx

He's just rung again :/ I honestly can't think of anything he would want me for which makes me not wanna speak to him. All my post is redirected,I've had a nosy at his unsecure fb account and he's had new kitchen fitted so it can't b cos he realised all the doors were fallin off. The boiler leaking couldve started due to it been turned off for a while. I wish he would leave a voicemail sayin what it was regarding-grrrr!!!

Oh hun :-( maybe get your oh to ring him for you? Hope its ok x

He might just want meter readings? I never call my tenants, I just leave them alone

I took meter readings b4 I left and rang supplier to tell them. I've transferred all my accounts over etc. It's worse that he's my old landlord!! Surely anything he wants/needs could b done by making a phonecall to relevant ppl or by passing on my new address??
I keep thinkin it must b summat bad otherwise he'd leave me a voicemail msg?
I refuse to phone him back tho :/

Is he ringing off a mobile? Could you send him a text saying:

"sorry I cant phone back at the moment but on both occasions that you have rung you have woken baby up just as I've got him settled! I hope all is well and I will try and ring back when I get the chance?"

At least that way you are giving him the option then to text you back what the problem is? xx

I would call him now as he is ruining your day hun, i'd be just the same putting it off, but as he can't do anything, he checked the house when you left and handed deposit back. I would own up to nothing, and he has not a leg to stand on.

Just ring him and get it over with - it's probably nothing!

Hope everything was ok chick xx I'm certain he can't do anything once you've got your bonds back x

hey was just wondering if you got to the bottom of it?? i had a nosey landlord he used to look throuh my windows when i was out and ring me up if i didnt stay at the house wanting to know where i was ie if i was at friends, if i had more than my car parked on the drive hed be phoning to see why.

its a nightmare and im glad im out of it but ring himm and dont let him ruin your days with worry.

LoL I read this hoping to find out what he wanted, I'm dying to know. He could be ringing cos he found a shoe box in the cupboard with £1000 in :) you never know hehe xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back