I think it's only just dawned on me

flexilexi394

Reaction score
My OH is a little worried about me being in labour, and he's got horrible anxieties about it. So I youtubed a few water births (I dont want to say that's what I want because I will jinx it) ad they really weren't that bad and I think he understood after a while that it isn't too bad as long as he doesn't look too much down there.

I also got an email from cow and gate with some awesome advice for dads and he read that which again has helped him, but what if e can't cope when I'm in labour? I know it sounds wowed but I'd rather do it on my own if he doesn't stick around for it, like I don't want anyone else with me. But I really hope he doesn't just walk out. It scares me to think he will just up and leave me to it! Lol!

Last night I couldnt sleep so I watched one born every minute on 4 on demand (I watche the whole series before) but thought I'd refresh my memory, and I wasn't feeling too bad abou labour, but now I'm starting to feel a bit scared. Mainly of the pain i think. I know it's all worth it and stuff but I'm worried I'll take a negative attitude and just be a pain. I really need to train myself to breathe! Lol.

Anyone else worried about labour? It's my first so I don't really know what to expect no matter how many stories you read. Like nowhere includes the delivery of the placenta! I wanna know it all! Lol. X

Honestly hun you will be fine!! It is a scary thought but when it all starts happening you will just cope...I dont know where you find the strength but it just happens! Plus you'll have you little bundle at the end x

I can wait for the moment of pushing if I'm honest, I want to know that thehead has been born and I can't wait til that final push and you know they are going to hand you a baby. So exciting. I'm just worrie I guess, I'm sure when I'm there I'll survive lol! Some people just really don't cope well and I don't want to be one of those I guess. X

Believe me you know when the heads been born then the rest follows within minutes! X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I completely understand where you are coming from. When pregnant with my daughter, I kept wondering if I'd know I was in labour if it happened naturally. I worried about handling the pain (I am a total wuss) and whether I'd be able to push her out. My worst fear was needing a C-Sec, the thought made me want to cry.

I ended up giving birth naturally and I won't lie, the pains are very very intense, BUT, you can manage them. The worst thing to do is freak out, as long as you stay calm and relaxed it won't intensify the pain IYKWIM?

I'm going to be graphic here but it's what you want right? ;) When you start to push, for a few seconds it's ok but then at the very end you get a burning sensation. The only way I can explain it is if you're constipated and trying to push out a stool and your rear end burns. Honestly, it sounds gross me saying it but that's exactly the sensation IMO. you just have to grab something or someone and push with all your might. Once the head is out, the hardest part is over. With another push (going on a normal, no complications birth) as you push the midwife will more than likely pull baby and it's hardly notcieable when the baby slides out. At least, I have no real memory of that being anything like trying to birth her head.

As for the placenta, they give you an injection that you will never notice as you're too elaited at the fact your baby is here. They will ask you to push again and hey presto, placenta is out. It feels like nothing after going through birth.

Obviously, the above is if you have a straight forward birth and more than likely that'll be the case :) Don't fret, you will be fine.

xx

Lexi don't worry. I too am going to be a first time mum and the labour is starting to creep into my thoughts aswell. I plan to use pain relief cause i am a total woos and well you get no thanks for not using it. I think it's the fear of the unknown aswell. We don't know what to expect. I think my husband is in denial about the whole labour thing but i think he'll be ok. He's not the best with blood though...I'm going to have my mum on standby if he's not. Remember we could be in labour for quite a time so the OH's will need a break at some stage.

I'll just be glad when it's all over and my little one is here. But i can empathise with how your feeling.

with Mia, my 1st I was too busy cuddling her to realise the placenta was being delivered, the only thing is the jag to deliver the placenta in the leg is bloody ouchy lol, then I had to get and internal, no pain relief!! as some of my placenta got left behind, I just remember the midwife hand disapperaing up my wooha lol xx

I honestly can't wait for the labour...havin done it 2 and a half times I find it the most excitin time. Yes it's painful but it's an amazin experience and I intend on enjoyin every second cos this is my last baby. Can't wait to b a few weeks further ahead and waitin for them 1st twinges.
I was gonna buy my dh a book or somethin to do whilst I'm in labour but tbh he's one of them ppl that can't just sit and watch me in pain,I know he's gonna b there doin everythin he can 4 me....eeeek can't wait xx

The scariest bit is at thebeginning when you realise you have no control over what is going to happen. And you kinda know it's only gonna get worse before it gets better.

The pressure of a full on contraction is like nothing else I won't lie!! But each one brings your baba closer to the world and it's an amazing feeling x

Believe me you know when the heads been born then the rest follows within minutes! X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My whole little man was born in one push! hahah

Your be fine Hun, just remember to breathe lol
Tim was crap during labour with lace and only patted a cold flannel over my head with charley! Men don't really know what to do in labour and feel quite helpless!
With the placenta, you don't relise when they give you the injection and the placenta comes out easily unless you have problems!
Your forget all about the pain once your babies in your arms!! Look at people who have 10+ children!!

u will be fine hun my oh was the same and when it came to it he was changing my pads and everything x

like others have said you dont really notice the placenta because your so caught up with your baby :) you will be fine x

Thank you all for your awesome responses. It really does help me know I'm not the only one! I'm sure I'll be ok, I kinda wish I had done hypnobirthing or something as I like to think ill keep calm, I just don't really know what im doing!

Really thank you so much. Xx

Had no natural labour Lexi as you know, but if it helps, my OH is useless at home and will only think to do things if I ask. But each time I have a baby , he will hold me a sick bowl as the spinal is working in theatre and my blood pressure always drops and I'm sick before they start. because of the angle I'm at on one side , I alwnays throw up all over his hand, and then he will always help with any messy bits etc after , as long as I ask, so don't worry, your OH will suprise you , it''s only natural he will panic as he thinks about it, just as your nervous about it. sure he will come good on the day X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back