My OH hates all name suggestions!

Coolbeans2010

Reaction score
We are really struggling! We have been set on Lily Rose for a girl for ages but can't agree on any boy names!

Our surname is Moore so I think a lot goes with it.

I like:

Harrison
Jaxon
Mason
Dylan
Ethan
Finlay

OH doesn't like any of them. He wants to call it Eden or Storm which his pet fish were named after as a child - wtf!! I could get on board with Eden as a middle name but as far as I will go!

I've asked him to consider other names and let me know so we will see what he comes up with!!

My OH is the same, I like:
*Caleb
*Jayden & Hayden
*Caiden
*Blake
*Jacob
*Joshuha
*Zachery

But my OH doesnt like any of those (well he thinks Caiden is ok) if we were having a girl she wouldve been called Eden Angel Mae, as I love that name. My OH wants to call it Shea or Emmet and I want something abit different. So we're going through the name books, and still cant agree haha xxx

See I like Eden for a girl - struggle with it being a boy's name.

I have so many girls names and OH likes them all;

Lily
Evie
Florence
Freya
Isla
Faith
Madeleine
Poppy
Willow
Lola
Olivia

Really finding boys names hard! we are team yellow, so I would like to try and have two or three names for each so we can the see what sex they are and then if the name suits.

I love your names

Caleb, Jayden, Jacob, Joshuha and Zachery are fab names - all out for us though because I have a big family and we have all of these already!

Your names are great, and they all go with Moore, you are very lucky to have such an easy surname to match to. I love Harrison, you might need to start doing some persuading!

Harrison Moore sounds very nice

my oh was the same! I would sit down with a bit of paper each one day and get a drink and cake etc and make a session of it, you each have to list your top ten boys names and top ten girls names in order of fav choice. Once you have both finished , swap lists, and see if any names appear on both, if they do , they make the top 5 short list straight away, if not you need to dicuss the names one by . You aim to reduce the list to top 5, and then let them grow on you and see what happens.

There is a little boy called Eden in my lads swimming class and each time the coach calls him it sounds soo wrong, lovely for a girl

Last edited:
I think Ethan Moore sounds really cool :)

My OH is the same about girls names....... He likes normal (to me, boring) names and hates my preferred ones.
I can't have Zara, Cara or Tara as Tara was an ex of his and I can't have Flora -'it's a spread' yet he suggests Bree -'but it's a cheese ffs!!'

We liked Amber, but we can't have Amber Mae since my cousin had Audrey May back in January.............

My OH is the same about girls names....... He likes normal (to me, boring) names and hates my preferred ones.
I can't have Zara, Cara or Tara as Tara was an ex of his and I can't have Flora -'it's a spread' yet he suggests Bree -'but it's a cheese ffs!!'

We liked Amber, but we can't have Amber Mae since my cousin had Audrey May back in January.............

Lander - I love Amber Mae, what a shame you can't have it. xx

What about Amber Fay

I love all your names - Mason Moore and Harrison moore are gorg! :)

Does he like different or more common names?

Hmmm trying to think of some.. Jack Moore, Harris Moore, Lewis Moore, Ryan Moore, Elliot Moore, Daniel Moore, Nathan Moore, Brendan Moore?

xxx

We had a breakthrough last night and he is on board with Harrison if he can call him Harry for short!

We have one girl and two boy options:

Harrison James Moore
Alfie James Moore

Lily Isla (or Isla Lily) Moore

What about Amber Fay

Mae/May is the important part, both my cousin and I are honoring our great-aunt, Joan May, who passed away last year, right when my cousin got her bfp. She was a big influence on me growing up and I had a lot to do with her care in her final year an was the last family member to see her about 3-4 hours before she passed away.

Mae is also for my OH's nanna, she was Annie-May, his sisters have between them, Stevie-Ann and Katie-Anne, so we'll use Mae instead.

My cousin and I have no problem using the same middle name, her brother and sister respectively have Ryan George and Charlie George for our granddad :)

Both of us having the first name beginning with A would just be too much though lol

FX though we'll get the boy I've been sure I'll have first for years and years now lol

I havent decided on surname yet so it's either Jones or Burgess but my boys names are

Alfie
Finley
Joshua

My ex refuses to have Alfie and isn't keen on Finley buts my choice after everything he has put me through. It's such a hard decision.

Make a pregnancy ticker

Lily Rose is an EXCELLENT name :p My little girl is called that and apparently Johnny Depp's wee girl is too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back