My New Mummy Diary

*Hope*

Reaction score
Hi Guys, Not sure if anyone would even be interested but i have decided to keep a sort of little diary on here so i can start to see patterns and also to keep a little log of how my baby Annabelle is doing, and also maybe to notice patterns that i may not have normally. anyone can post anything they want to of course! :)

Ok so today was a really rainy day. She had slept well through the night only waking 3 -4 hours twice for a feed and a nappy change and then straight back to sleep. One nappy change before a feed was a disaster as i took her nappy off on the bed (i have to make nappy changes quick when shes hungry as shes not keen) and just as i slipped it from under her little bum she did a hige wee every where. Great! had to wake OH up to quickly go get her a new vest and baby grow! It even went all over her nice new grow bag. haha naughty Annabelle. :wall2:

In the morning it was so grey i think she thought it was still ni8ght so she fed at 7 and then slept again till 9. after that she woke up really happy and we listened to some music and chatted (i chatted and she made a few noises and kicked about on the bed :) she was extra happy and i even got a nice huge smile (6 weeks and 2 days old).For the rest of the day she napped 3 times all for around an hour. in the afternoon we went for a reeeeally long dog walk with my mum and annabelle came in the sling, which she loves! she did a huge burp when she first got in, and then after about 10 mins fell asleep for the whole walk!

had lots of awake time when we got in till about half 7 and she is still asleep now (10.30pm).:nap: will wake her for a dream feed at 11 if she hasnt woken up herself.

What a lovely idea Hope - it sounds as if Annabelle is doing really well xx

ahhh, c an we have an update Hope, howk is Annabelle doing now?

:yay: sound very familiar, morgan did a poo during a nappy change last week! :sick:

sounds like youre doing really well, congratulations on the smile! i keep thinking morgan is smiling then he farts!!!

Thnaks guys, sorry its taken so long for another, life has been a bit stressful recently as some of you will know.

But Anabelle is keeping me strong. She is smiling much more now and i cam usually get her to smile if i go close to her face smile myself, touch her lip give her a quick peck on the lips and then laugh. she thinks thats funny! i also say ;give us a grin' and she does. it has to be in the same fun tone everytime.

Today Annabelle, my dog Ralphy and I all stayed in. we had had a troublesome night because she has a little cold and a stuffy nose, plus a windy tummy so after her 2am feed she didnt fancy going back to sleep much!! so i couldnt of course.

for the last week or so i have started a hardcore bedtime routine. at about 6.30pm i bath her, in calming body wash, she loves it in her bath chair. then its pyjamas on (in her dimly lit room) grow bag on, and then bedtime bottle and bed! i have been so str9ict with this even refusing to go to friends or out whatsoever, until shes firmly in the routine. i was shocked at how quickly she got into it, as soon as we go into the dim room after the bath you see her switch gears and she goes to bed so happily too.

so today we got up about half 7, did some tidying, annabelle sat in her bouncer chair and watched whilst chatting. her noises get better every day! she had an hours nap in the morning and another hour early afternoon. then about 3pm we all went for a long walk (me her and the dog) we went to the shops and then just around for about an hour and a half. she looves the pram and dozed whilst we walked. its neevr proper sleep thogh because she wakes when we stop!

when we got back she stayed in the pram outdoors whilst i did a bit of gardening. ok not gardening as such but i re did my hanging baskets (lol im no gardener). she likes being outside and looking at the sky.

when we got in she was a bit cranky and tired so i fed her and she had a little half hour snooze on my bed.

she had her bath and the nighttime routine etc and is now fast asleep in her moses basket :)

ahh well done! sounds like supermum to me!!! we started a very similar routine but use some calming music too which really cues him in . its amazing how it works!! i cant get morgan to sleep properly in the day, he has loads of 15 mins naps but never decent chunk of sleep. do you use a daytime sleep routine?

Ahh you sound like your enjoying being a mummy! I look up to you as that's how I imagine my life when I have my baby. I can't wait and I have this horrible thought thst I may have to do it on my own for some reason, and I love hearing that your enjoying it and your LO is happy and makes you happy. I personally can't wait to do it. X

Thanks guys. Im LOVING doing it on my own. yes its hard work and tiring but i promise you your body just gets totally used to it. i feel normal again now. and when she makes a noise i wake up, deal with her, and then can fall straight back to sleep. think nature is v clever.

Tiny, with naps i always put her into her own moses basket by her first or second yawn. if she doesnt fall asleep easy or seems tense i give her her dummy. i have noise going on as she hates silence and sleeps better with some noise (i have a music channel on normally). She ONLY goes into her moses basket to sleep so she associates that totally with sleep. never play or anything. i get her out as soon as she wakes and let her play somewhere else like her chair or the bed etc. Hope that helps.

yesterday i tried annabelle on colief to help with her wind and dodgy tummy. it must have worked because the night was every calm and she ate more than she ever has , so must have been more comfortable, yay!! its a bit of a guilty pleasure but when she wakes up at 5 or 6am i put her in my bed and we have a couple more hours sleep together. been doing this for weeks and she still goes to bed in her moses alone so i dont think its ruining it. its really nice and she falls back to sleep easier next to me.

when we woke up this morning at about 8 she was all smiles and even little strange first laughs. like an over excited noise when i talk to her. i took her nappy off and let her have a good kick (left a new nappy undernath incase she caught me out again lol) then i gave her breakfast, and dressed her in a really nice little dress and pink tights with frills on the bum as we have visitiors today :) i let her kick on the bed for a bit until she yawned and then i put her in her moses. shes napping now and when she wakes we will do a long dog walk with her in the sling.

Im going out tonight with the girls and annabelle will be staying here with my nan. i didnt want her going to anyone elses house because i just so want her to be firmly used to her bedtime routine here first. so i will put her to bed as normal about 7 and then go out after that. Hope i can enjoy it and relax. the last (and only) other time i went out i just missed her too much. but she was at my mums that time so i think i will feel better knowing shes in her own home.

Her new little milestones are that she can hold her head up on her own now. she cant sit up obviously but if i hold her upright (like when winding or just talking to her) then she can hold it theer for a long time. its lovely and her little neck looks too cute!

Just to add for those of you who have been so lovely to me about it all, im so glad i made the decision to seperate from her daddy. i am much happier already. i think annabelle knows it too because ive never seen so many smiles :)

Hon, u r doing so, so well...... u should be very proud of urself x x x

Thankyou so much, means a lot when people say that. i am trying my best.

she has been quite colicky in the late afternoons and early evenings so i just have to be careful that she doesnt get over tired and that i wind her for a long time and also keep her upright after feeds. have changed her milk from cow and gate comfort to cow and gate first milk as she really was poo'ing for england! today she did one which somehow managed to explode out of nappy onto her lovely new outfit she had only been wearing for half an hour! glad it happened athome and not out. yesterday i was out to lunch with my cousin, and annabelle of course, and she did a big poo after i fed her. so i took her to the loo's to change her, and there was literally NO baby changing facilities. not even a sink space i could put her mat onto! so i had to sit in this freeeeezing toilet on hard concrete floor with annabelle laying on my legs and change a poo bum. my little cousin had done the previous nappy so it had gone EVERYWHERE, splatted all over. wasnt a good experience. was so grateful she was smiling through it though and not screaming, as i think i would have just cried!

her normal routine now at bedtime is like clockwork. its 7pm - 2am and then 4.30am - 7.30am. im ok with this and i have sort of got into the same routine hah. i make sure im in bed by 10 everynight so that i get some sleep.

it will be lovely when she drops either the 2am or 4.30am but im not gonna force it yet. maybe in a month or 2. shes still only little.

A prob im having at the mo is my back,. OMG it hurts loooads. think im becoming addicted to ibuprofen haha.

she is napping now (only time i get a bit of time for this) and when she wakes up we will be going on another dog walk. partly for my lovely doggy and also to try and get rid of some of this crap baby weight im still carrying. cant be single AND fat lol xxx

ps. have posted some recent pictures of her in 'your photos' x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back