Maisie Diary

Elfs Mummy

Reaction score
Thursday 3rd February

I started feeling really feint whilst out with my friend, took about 2 hours for the dizziness to calm down and for me to be able to drive home. By the time I’d got home I’d swollen so much I looked like a snowball!! So rang delivery suite and they told me to come straight in. When I got there I was told I had a high blood pressure and protein in my urine so would be kept in and monitored over night. I had a terrible night’s sleep I was starting to live through pain relief as my headaches were so bad.

Friday 4th February

All my blood work cam back clear but my blood pressure was still high and there was still protein in my urine by this time I was feeling so sick that I wasn’t eating. I had no idea what was going on as the consultant said just to monitor me and he decided I wouldn’t be going home till I had Maisie. The rest of the day is a bit of a blur.

Saturday 5th February

I saw the consultant and he decided that I would have my section early as my body was showing all the signs of pre eclampsia but my bloods weren’t catching up. He decided that they probably would Section me on Sunday but try and stretch till Monday as the whole team would be in and it would be safer to do. I decided to go have a shower however that wasn’t going to be as the consultant came back and said we’re sectioning you today!! I was so shocked I called my Mum but she didn’t answer so I told my Dad and he told Mum over the phone however it didn’t sink in and she called me whilst they were wheeling me down to delivery. I arrived on delivery and about 5 minutes later my Mum turned up in complete shock. They said they would section me about 3.30 pm. I asked to have a shower but they wouldn’t let me as my blood pressure was still high and they were worried I would pass out in the shower. After being on delivery for a bit they anaesthetist came and spoke to me and gave me all the necessary information and asked when the last time I ate or drank anything was, as I hadn’t eaten or drunk anything apart from water they decided to move the time forward to 1.30- 2. I took tablets that they gave me and they did all the prep before I would go into theatre. At just after 2pm I was taken to the theatre which was really different from what I imagined, it was a really calm relaxed environment but apparently I looked petrified!! They started to prep me but then a phone call came saying that there was an emergency in A & E so they had to stop and I was taken back to delivery. Luckily they weren’t gone for that long and about 3.30 they started again. The spinal being put in wasn’t that bad at all but then I was so used to getting prodded and poked as I was already having about 3 blood tests a day and was beginning to resemble a pin cushion! They made sure that I was numb raised the curtain and my Mum was bought in. I didn’t really know what was going on all I could hear was them chatting away very relaxed. I began to feel some tugging and at 15.58 Maisie-Rose was born, she was taken straight to the resuscitation table where she needed oxygen for a few minutes before she could breathe on her own, I was panicking as I had been told before if all was fine she would be bought straight to me but obviously they didn’t let me know anything till she was given the all clear. After what seemed like a life time they showed me a picture of her and then after a few minutes they bought her over, I was on so happy she was perfect I have never been so in love. The she opened her bladder all over my hair! After a little time they weighed her and put a nappy on her, she was taken next door and my Mum got to have her first cuddle. They stitched me up and sorted me out and them I was moved to join her where we had skin to skin and she had her first little feed. For the rest of the day I just cuddled her and fed her. Mu mum got her dressed at some point but she was skin to skin for the majority of the time I was in delivery. At about 10pm I was taken up to the ward, where Maisie slept for most of the night only waking for feeds which I had to have some help with as I was in quite a bit of pain and I had all the drips in etc.

Sunday 6th February

Spent the Morning with Maisie all snuggled in bed with me she is more perfect than I could have imagined. They then decided to remove my line and cafeter and let me get up J First thing I asked was if I could have a shower and they said yes! They helped me get out of bed and walk to the shower I bought Maisie and my Mum with me for moral support! I managed to get into the shower and I started to feel very feint so I told my mum to help me wash my hair which she did very quickly as I told her I was about to pass out ! Managed to get to the chair before I actually did, in my notes it says a rolled forward and my eyes went. I couldn’t hear what they were saying and was wheeled back into bed where I then didn’t want to move. They took my bp and it has sky rocketed and my temp so I was put back on the drip and had some more anti biotics. The rest of the days a bit of a blur with me struggling to get up to go to the toilet and lots of pain. Maisie fed with some help started filling some lovely nappies which I didn’t have to change as I still wasn’t at a very good sitting up stage. I had to have lots of help with feeding throughout the night sadly there was a very mean.

Monday 7th February

I’m so much better J can’t believe the difference I can actually get up move around and look after my little screamer. Yes during the night Maisie found her lungs and kept everyone awake. She’s looking forward to finally having visitors and in the afternoon we had lots.

Tuesday 8th February

We can go home!!!
None of her going home outfit fitted her!
So happy to be back

Night was terrible she wouldn’t latch so was taking a very long time to feed so Mummy and Nanny where doing everything in our power to sort her out but after only two hours sleep everyone was very grumpy apart from Maisie who was very content to sleep all day.

Wednesday 9th February

• Mw came Maisie jaundice so to wake 2-3 hourly for feeds and give her expressed
  • Had lots of lovely cuddles
  • Went on first outing to mother care
  • Maisie learnt to hold my breast pad on
  • Milks defiantly in i'm flooding everywhere
  • Night Maisie had 2 gigantic feeds and a few smaller ones

Nicknames

• Elf
  • Maisie-m/roo
  • Froglett
  • Bubbles

Thursday 10th February

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Had an ok night a few feeds with cup
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]MW came Maisies birth weight down to 6lbs 5 oz which is a loss of 10 %
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Maisie first smile
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Headed to A & E
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Small feed in waiting room
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Maisie had lots of blood taken and a canula inserted L
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Under lights an on a drip
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Kicked of the tunnel
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Slept for hours

Friday 11th February

• Taken of from lights in morning
  • Back on by afternoon
  • Of the drip
  • Had lots of cuddles in the morning
  • Maisie loves being sung to and is feeding slightly better
  • Had help from bf advisor
  • Shes very sleepy
  • Allowed of the lights for a bit in the evening managed to getr her to sleep all swaddled up
  • Nurses but her back on lights
  • 1 feed at night

Saturday 12th February

• Maisie refusing cup feeding just wants booby
  • Feeding every 2-3 hours
  • Jaundice levels completely down
  • Maisie now weighs 6lbs 6oz
  • Allowed home after lunch
  • Fed at home for the first time with no fuss from Maisie
  • Went to visit Lily at work and everyone in love with Maisie
  • Very alert and amazing head control

Sunday 13th February

• Feeds still well and regular
  • Lots of cuddles
  • Everyone fighting over her
  • Went to church in the morning she was a star and slept through the whole service
  • Quiet afternoon with sleep as Mummy not to well
  • First night of cluster feeding – fed for 3 hours on and of
  • Ended up in Nannys bed
  • Co-slept most of the night

Monday 14th February

HAPPY DUE DATE MAISIE !!!

• Very busy day
  • Up and dressed by 9
  • Out at 11
  • Went and got photos developed
  • Went and registered Maisies births
  • Still feeding well
  • Fed in car in Cobham

Tuesday 15th February

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Got up and ready by 9
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]MW came Maisie now weights 6lbs 9 oz
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Looking a lot better
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Another visit planned for Friday
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Cuddles on sofa all morning
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Lots of feeding in morning
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Maisie sleeping lots

Wednesday 16th February

• She’s so cute
  • Starting smiling
  • Smiley morning

Thursday 17th February

• Mother and toddlers
  • Hv came Maisie weights 6 lbs 13oz
  • Maisie has found her hands

Frirday 18th February

• Quiet day Heather came round
  • Bf advisor came to help feed
  • Mnaged other bf positions
  • Lots of play time
  • Nanny read Maisie her first book
  • Little booby monster !
  • Days are going so quickly
  • Had first hafirwas in the morning

February 19th-28th

Had a few nightmareish days Maisie ended up back in hospital at 27 days old she refused to feed for 24 hours and the health visitor was worries as she was completely uninterested and didn’t want to feed at all. All her blood results came back clear levels of jaundice are still high but not at treatment level. Started to try and get Maisie into a routine during the day/ night but Maisie sometimes has other ideas.
26th- started bathing with Mummy as part of bedtime routine, cutest thing ever Maisie keeps trying to drink the bath water
28th- First real smile

March 1st

• Long morning Maisie screamed
  • Little boobie monster weighs 8lbs !
  • Lots of smiles at Mummy
  • Bought Maisie a bouncy seat seems more interested in Mummy than the toys
  • Went on long walk as finaly got the pushchair sorted

March 2nd- March 7th

• Thursday 3rd- Maisie started smiling
  • Friday 4th- Maisie recognises Mummy and looks at toys
  • Friday 4th- More hand eye co ordination

March 8th

Maisie weighs 8lbs 8oz

March 14th

Maisie weights 9lbs 2oz

I can’t believe it’s May there has been so many things I want to write down but by the end of the day have just been shattered I’ll see what I can remember 6 weeks- learned to roll over, end of May can grab and reach for toys, 1st June first taste of baby rice and can sit up for short periods of time, 3rd- took Maisie to the beach for the first time it was amazing she loved every second I took her paddling and we did some wave jumping she was absolutely fascinated by her feet and the water <3 5th0 We went to the aquarium Maisie loved it so much she refused to sleep, at one point we thought she was going to jump into the water.
Maisie is so amazing she laughs and giggles all the time her favourite nursery rhyme is row row it makes her laugh all the time and normaly can stop her crying. She is getting to the stage now where she is fascinated by food and will grab what im eating and put it in her own mouth, I knw she will love finger foods when she’s a little older.

Key memories

Sitting on my bed chatting to Maisie talking about Grandad I was asking her how many conversations she was going to have with him, one, two, a million, a gazzilion, etc she found it so funny and wouldn’t stop laughing
Maisie in her door bouncer she loves bouncing so much and is so proud of herself when she manages to do it.
Going to the park and Maisie’s first time on the swing bless her she wasn’t that impressed.
Maisie is such a party animal and hates going to sleep
Maisie in her bucket in the sun, she fell asleep
Her favourite toy to play with is her frog

Theres so much, she is just an amazingly beautiful little girl, she is my world <3

Weaning:

I decided to start weaning Maisieshe as it should help with her reflux

On the 2nd June i started her with baby rice she gobbled it up and began getting frustrated as i was going to slow, i was also eating a banana which she decided that she would rather have so she grabbed that and started licking and sucking it.

3rd June: A little slower today she got very distracted and didn't realky have much of it.

4th June: tried baby porridge Maisie was not a fan and began screaming and making a fuss so we stopped

5th: No food as she was to tired may stop for a while

6th Maisie has banana porridge and gobbled it down like there was no tomorow
7th: Today we went and met Sophie and Dylan Maisie slept most of the day and didn't want food when we got home

Im completly terrible at updating this sorry Maisie i want to remember everything but speanding time with you is sooo much more important.
maisie is just fantastic this week she has sat up unaded for 20 mins :) and played with her toys whilst sitting :)
She has self settled in her cot :)
bath times are so much fun
more food has been tried
I can't believe how much i love her

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member