My neice can't keep her food down! Advise please.

JoAnn&Aimee

Reaction score
My poor little neice Holly who is 12 weeks old isn't keeping her feeds down. Within minutes of finishing a bottle she'll bring the whole thing back up. Her mum is at her wits ends with it. She doesn't get along with her HV at all and feels that she talks down to her like she is an idiot. Now she has tried everything for it, including the comfort formula. She is currently on infasoy milk as the doctor thinks she could be lactose intolerant but she is still bringing it all up. As for her weight, she is putting it on. She was 6lbs when she was born and is now 10lbs so her mum feels that her HV isn't taking her serious when she mentions the throwing up. I visit once a week and I can see how much it is stressing her out.

On a side note, she has split with my brother and refuses to give him ANY access to Holly, he isn't allowed photos and she has made me promise not to show him any photos of Holly that I take when I visit! My brother has tried to help but she wants nothing to do with him so she is coping with this on her own which is not helping her stress levels much. I think Holly may be picking up on it, could that be why shes throwing up?

Any advise would be much appreciated. Oh she has also tired all the colic stuff but it doesn't make a difference!

sounds to me like the poor toot has reflux. Arianna had the same when she was little. My HV and doctor didnt beleive me either so I just kept going back until I saw a different GP that gave me some infant gaviscon to mix in with her feeds

SarahH said:
sounds to me like the poor toot has reflux. Arianna had the same when she was little. My HV and doctor didnt beleive me either so I just kept going back until I saw a different GP that gave me some infant gaviscon to mix in with her feeds

I agree with Sarah.

My son done this and i took him to docs (as my HV didn't seem concerned) and he diagnosed reflux.

I put infant gaviscon in his bottles now and he is alot better.

xxx

Aimee had awful reflux when she was about 5 weeks and like you both she was given infant gaviscon as well which was a miracle worker, from the first dose it worked but they tried it with Holly and she was still bringing it all up. It is actually scary to see. :( A full bottle back up within seconds!

you get stronger stuff than gaviscon... my nephew had it as he has extreamly bad reflux... i cant remember the name, but I will find out and let you know

SarahH said:
you get stronger stuff than gaviscon... my nephew had it as he has extreamly bad reflux... i cant remember the name, but I will find out and let you know

Thank you!! She feels her HV and doctor aren't taking her serious as to how much Holly is bringing up as they haven't seen it and she is putting weight on but it is stressing her out as she is constantly changing Holly's clothes and going through so many of them a day.

My HV and hers work together so I mentioned to mine about it as I've witnessed the throwing up, she took me serious and said she'd let Hollys HV know but still she says 'well babies do throw up!'. This is not normal though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back