Juice for a 7 month old?

JoAnn&Aimee

Reaction score
Aimee HATES water with her lunch but if I give her milk she ends up throwing up as it is too much with her solids. I put a bit of diluting orange juice in with her water to give it some taste and she LOVED it but my HV will go mental if she knew as she is dead set against juice as it can cause tooth decay! Now I do see her point about that but I want to be able to give her some juice at lunch so what can I give her?

Im lucky in that Dylan LOVES his water. I wont offer him anyting else unless he wont take it. In which case i think i would opt for giving him a drop of fresh fruit juice watered down

Maia has only really just started to drink water with her meals, before she would take a sip but rather than swallowing she would just let it dribble out.

I would persevere with the water if you dont want to give her juice but otherwise like others have said stick to fresh orange watered down 10 parts water to 1 part orange juice.

Keep trying with the water, but failing that.... Boots used to do tubsof powder that you added half a teaspoon to water to make it flavoured for babies from 6mths onwards... think there was strawberry,blackcurrent and apple...... it was organic too :)

They also sell (down the baby food aisles) concentrated baby fruit juice that you can dilute - which i presume is fine for babies too :D
If you'd rather her drink water then make it a bit weaker each time you give it to her and try and phase out the juice :D

J isn't weaning quite yet, but I was speaking to my sister-in-law recently and she suggested that I give him chamomile tea when the time comes. Her son didn't care for water either, but he loved the tea. We have given it to J once. We had beautiful loose tea from the local tea shop. It helps with upset tummies and he was unwell with a cold and refluxing, so we used it to give him added fluids. He loved it, and he doesn't normally even like a bottle very much.

Last edited:
I made the mistake of starting Evie on juice and now she won't drink water at all. :twisted:

I just use really diluted squash :oops:

Connie refuses water now. I was squeezing a satsuma into her water for taste but have been lazy recently and giving her Heinz juice from the baby aisle. Most of it dribbles out anyway :wall: .

Ky wont drink water. He has watered down robinsons blackcurrant just to give the water some flavour. before he was 1 id add it to cool boiled water. Personally i see no harm in it and im sure the risk of tooth decay is very slim. obviously not as slim as water but still im sure she'll be fine drinking it :wink:

Our DS won't take water and when he was around 7 months we started giving him the Heinz pure juice. You can give it from 4 months and our wee man still loves it and he's 14 months now.

My HV advised me today to stop giving it to him because of tooth decay. I disagree with her. My DS doesn't get junk food at all and I don't see how 4oz of baby juice a day will harm him.

I'd like to know more about the tub of powder from boots if anyone knows more about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back