Won't drink her milk

Tina & Gabs

Reaction score
Well it seems very weird that since Gabs has turned one she has turned against her milk too.

She has been having cows milk from around 8 months in her cereal but I tried her on this instead of aptamil and she just spat it out. I persevered and she really didn't seem to like it; so I tried giving her aptamil and she was ok with this until a few days ago and now she is not touching this either.

The only milk she is having is in her breakfast cereal and from a yoghurt or cheese.

Yesterday she didn't even drink 1oz and I am a little concerned!

I can't get through to my health visitor for some advise so I thought I would check with you ladies.

Should I be worried? How much milk should she be taking at this age and any tips on how to get her to take it? (I have tried giving it to her in a cup, beaker, through a straw and her bottle)

She is sleeping fine (apart from the occassion moan in the night) but I am worried.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks x :hug:

she should still be having milk but you can't force her. perhaps she doesn't like it :think:
have you tried mixing it with some food - like custard or milkshake. you can get some good milkshake now with no added crap in them. like ovaltne ones.
Try her with that. at least the shes getting the calcuim etc she needs. Also try her with cheese on her sandwiches or those cheese string thingos.
im sorry its a bit crap advice. never had one thats not liked milk.

Thanks for that Budge; I will try the milkshakes.

It's weird that she is only just turning her nose up now and she seems to like her milk in her cereal. I tend to give her cheese sandwiches anyway but will just try and think of other ways to increase her calcium intake.

Thanks again :D

Well since I posted yesterday Gabs has started taking her milk again.

Maybe she was just having a couple of off days; I am happy that she is taking her milk though :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back