My Mum

JoaquimsMummy08

Reaction score
Hey

hope everyones ok today,

well i got my bfp yesterday am so happy
but dont wanna tell my mum till late febuary cause i know she wont be happy for me, and i dont want the stress.

so i went to seeher today and she asked me if i was pregnant i mean wtf
how she guess im only 3w6ds, she said she had two dreams.

should i tell her or keep saying no i dunno what to do :(

Why wont she be happy hun? She obviously suspects you're trying.

that's weird! My Nan told my mum I was pregnant - I haven't seen my nan in years because I live so far away but somehow she knew....

You may as well tell your mum, if she isn't going to be happy now then she probably won't be happy in February either and at least if you tell her now you're not going to be stressing about it, let's face it stress is something none of us girlies need right now!

If you keep on saying no then she will also be pissed that you lied to her as well as being pissed you're pregnant.....take a deep breath, be brave, good luck and let us know how you get on!

Massive congrats on your bfp!! :dust:

Inky's probably right - if she wont be happy now, waiting wont make a difference.

i know you know her best but she might surprise you! I guess alot of mums make you think they will be angry with you because they dont like the thought of thier daughter being pregnant for some reason. But if you tell her, she might just be happy or at least come round to the idea! x

good luck with your mum tomorrow x

I agree with inky, and its your life anyways. I thought my MIL would be the same she is in her 70's now although fit and my hubby is 50 this year, so she was a little shocked at first (we had been saying for last 6 yrs no more!) but after that she realised we were happy, can afford it and have a large enough house, i'm also only 29 and after weighing this up in her mind was happy for us.

Why wont she be happy hun? She obviously suspects you're trying.

She's always made it clear she would not talk to me if I had another child. She never wanted me 2 have my son.

:hug: I'm sorry she's been that way. My mum wasnt happy when I told her I was expecting my first baby. I was 19 and she felt I was too young - even thought I was married with my own place. I know it was because she was 23 when she had me and she felt she was too young and she missed out.

It's like ripping off a plaster - the quicker it's done the sooner the pain is gone. :)

Best of luck for tomorrow, if she does flip out just give her some time to digest things. At the end of the day you're her daughter so hopefully she will come round :)

Good luck!

So I told my mum, she reacted just how I thought she would called me names said she raised us alone bla bla bla well I'm not alone, called me selfish and said I would amount to nothing then I cried n she walked out. Ever since she has ignored me she said its the baby or her.

thats so selfish of her i thought being your mum no mum would say that to their children

Obviously I don't know your mum but I think it's very unfair of her to say that to you - no-one can ask you to make a decision like that, and anyone who does clearly doesn't have your best interests at heart. Give her a few days - hopefully she will come round. Sorry you're having to go through this, feel free to rant here, it definitely helps!

Thanks girls, hubby taking me n little man away for the rest of the week, hopefully she's calmed next time I see her, she loves to over react and have her own way bt so do I so will see what happens but I'm keeping my baby :)

Wow -- didn't think it was possible for a mum to say something like that. I would hope tht once it sinks in she will come round to the idea. If i were you i wouldn't leave it to long before you speak to or try, but its probably best to let her have a few days to digest it all

good for you hun! hope you have a happy n healthy nine months x

I'm sure she'll come round, but its the last thing you need - can see why you were worried telling her. Hope you have a nice break away and get some time to rest and relax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back