my mum upset me last night

sarah113

Reaction score
i told my mum i was pregnant again, because i don't like keeping things from her and instead of being happy for me, she said 'you better get something sorted out then'
it really hurt me cosidering she knows what i had been through this year so far.
i told her im really happy about it ect, and she said 'i think you stupid'
i cried myself to sleep last night because of what she said and she KNOWS i do not believe in terminations.
i spoke to my mum this morning and she said she did'nt mean it that way, she said that she is just worried about me because she nearly lost me last time ect.
why can't people (family ect) just be happy for me its my life and im happy so why can't they be. sorry to have a moan but it just really upset me, plus my mum is the only parent ive got as my dad p*ssed off to canada 6 years ago.
im gonna shut up now, sorry to go on just needed to let it out.

what a terrible thing to say to you after what you have been through and all that :hug: :hug:

People and usually our Parents often say things that are hurtful to us because they think they know whats best for us.Other people see things from different perspectives.

I have to say hand on heart that i think you have become pregnant too soon also (but id never suggest you terminate of course). Your mum is probably thinking that your body needs a rest and you need to concentrate on your other babies who need you right now. She can see the bigger picture.

Don't retaliate to your mother. Just keep a dignified silence if she comments negatively to you again.
You are pregnant and that is that. To me there there is no other option than dealing with it, enjoying it - making it a positive experience. Which is what it is.

Just take care of yourself. :hug:

I cannot tell you how pleased I am to find you back here again :cheer: I know your mum is probably concerned after the close scrape you had last time but having children obviously means a lot to you and your other half. Your mum's main concern is your health but I think what she said came out all wrong

I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy :hug:

You let it out! I had a similar thing with my mum. I was seriously ill last year and when i told her i was pregnant her reaction was "oh no!!" i was really pleased so was gutted when she said this. My dad then said he thought i was silly as i was in a 1 bed house.

I left them to dwell on it for a bit and my mum said she only reacted like that as she was worried. Theres no excuse for your mums behaviour but sometime people react strangely due to them worrying.

Im sure she will come round. Try not to let it spoil your excitement (easier said than done i know)

Claire x

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: i know it's hard when parents are like that

think everythings already been said hun but wanted to send you some hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: xxxxxxxxxx

:hug: i think your mum is just worried about you, but her choice of words could have been more sensative :hug: this is exactly why i havent told my mum yet as i dont want her to worry when i tell her i want it to be a happy time rather than a worrying time.

thanks everyone, i feel abit better today and my mum seems to be coming round abit now

your mum is probably worried hun :hug:
glad she seems to be coming round now xxxxxxxx

Your mam sounds like my nana!
She has a tendancy to say things without thinking of how they sound! Especially with my auntie Marcella! She is her youngest and tends to think she should do what she says I think!?
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back