my mum hates his name :(

I've not been keen on some of the names my friends have chosen but I would never say that to them, maybe a quiet "that's an odd choice" to my bloke in private, but if that's what they like then who am I to spoil their moment with my opinion?!

And I really like the name Luca!

Luca is my nephew's name..he is half Italian and half English,he is small and petite for his age of 3 with sandy red hair like my brothers...but the name Luca suits him so much and he wouldn't have looked right with any other name. Luca is Luke in English.its a nice name.xx

Its a really lovely name hun! I love it :D

Dont worry about others reactions, I highly doubt that when he is born his name will be high on your mums mind, she will come round to it im sure :D xx
I agree with this, and Sofia is a lovely name btw ive got a Sofia Jade <3 good luck with your lil wun :)

Luca is a lovely name, i have 3 boys Liam (15), Daniel (14) and Luke (10) and my mum didnt like my oldest son's name at all she just said it horrible and couldnt i chosen something nicer, but i still chose it as i loved the name. OH and me are TTC at mo and we've got names chosen already Scarlett and Freddie and my mum only likes the name Freddie she hates the name Scarlett but it's not her chose it's ours. Your mum will get to the like to the name Luca as my mum's got to like the name Liam xx

Its a LOVELY name. Not just saying that. OH like Luc for another boy, but I suggested Luca. :) Its lovely- ignore her. x

I find it a particularly nice name and if it wasn't so common here It would be my first choice.

I liked Luca for a boy, my oh wasnt too keen but didnt dislike it. I think parents can be funny with names, maybe its the generation. Luckily i choose Elizabeth Rose for my LO and we choose Callum Marshall if we were having a boy, which both names mean something xx

Luca is one of my absolute favourite boys names, and if we ever have a little boy it'd be a strong contender. I'm sorry your mum is making things difficult. I think its beautiful :)

I love the name Luca. I don't think my parents will like my choice of names they didn't like thier grandsons until they saw him and love it now.

Don't worry its your turn to name your child enjoy it they had their chance with you. My parents gave me a name i would never use so I'll be using this as amunition should they comment on my choice!xxx

i had this when i accounced my daughters name when i was 28 weeks LILITH SABRIEL eveyone hated it and found fault after fault with it saying it wasnt her and all that crap, it made me want the name even more as it was the only name we both agreed on. she is nearly 3 now and they finally found a way to live with it they nick named her LIL so its easy ignore them do what is right for you and by the way its a pretty name keep it x x x

I love the name Luca! I put it out there but my OH wasn't keen so we've got Luke as a middle name.
Definitely doesn't matter what your mum thinks or anybody else, it's your baby! At the end of the day it's your son who lives with it and it's a gorgeous name, there are no unpleasant teasing associations, and it's a cool name. Your mum should be happy as there really are some whacky and strange, dislikeable, names out there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back