my mil....

sazzylou

Reaction score
My MIL is a filthy rotten bump toucher AND ITS DOING MY HEAD IN. :x

Seriously, the first couple of times i let it go, but she litterally fondles my bump whenever she see's me and its freaking me out (and making me very angry) OH wont say anything, and he doesnt want me to, as because shes done it a few times i'll upset and embarass her if i say anything :roll: Its getting beyond a joke now. She doesnt ask me, or even really involve me,. just grabs at my tummy to talk to 'her grandchild' (like im just an incubator :evil: ) To make matters worse, FIL is now grabbing at me!! :shock: Ive said to OH he's narrowly miossed my boobs the last time he did it, and surely if i wasnt pregnant my OH would have something to say about his father touchjing my stomach?!?!

I know this is an age old problem for pregnant ladies, but it actually really upsets me (probably more than it should, lol, hormones maybe) Im finding excuses not to see them now, because i get stressed at the thought of them grabbing at me. If i have to see them i walk round trying to cover my bump with random things (cushions, books, easter eggs. :roll: ) I must look ridiculas but they still dont seem to get it.......

Sorry for the rant, just needed to get it out. I HATE people touching the bump!!!!! :evil: :x :shakehead: :puke:

I cant say ive had this problem but it does sound very very annoying.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Just keep telling yourself you dont have long left now :D

Yeah I know what you mean, i don't have what you going through but I have had a few random people touching it, people that I don't even know (friends of friends) I just want to punch them in the face :rotfl:

Thankfully my friends and family don't touch unless I invite them to - well all apart from my SIL!!!!! :wall:

Hmm, there's nothing worse than someone invading your space! I would definitely have a quiet word or suggest something as a joke. I don't think people even think about what they're doing. My MIL wasn't touchy-feely but she was totally thinking all about herself and her grandchild through the whole thing and got carried away buying me things I didn't want. It sounds petty but it was my pregnancy and I wanted to make the choices she was making for me.

I think you either make it so she can't touch you or you say something. Its your pregnancy to enjoy, not hers.

Say something to her, can you somehow make a joke about it and get her to get the hint?
I know it's awful when people do it, my SIL does it and i HATE it. She keeps saying 'is she kicking' and i lie... ha. Once to feel a kick was fine but i don't like having my belly rubbed!

Don't worry about hurting her feelings - she'll get over it! And you'll be happier which is what's important :) :hug: :hug:

thanks for the replies :hug:

My OH thought i was being silly, until i started grabbing at his tummy at random times, and at one point he got really angry with me and batted my hand away, and i was like "see?? SEE WHAT I HAVE TO PUT UP WITH?!?!" I did explain if he didnt like his own wife touching his tummy, imagine how he'd feel if my mum started doing it, lol...I think he understands how annoying it can be now :rotfl:

I know im probably being a tad silly, but im near the end, and im constantly p*ssed off as it is, without them invading my personal bubble! I dont ge on with them that well either, so i find it really creepy when they touch me, gives me the heeby jeebies :puke:

daftscotslass said:
It gives me the heebie jeebies too, but thankfully my MIL kept her mitts off. My mum is the one who keeps doing it now - she thinks she has an automatic right to bump fondling I think!

I'm thinking of buying this - http://www.cafepress.com/buy/bump/-/pv_ ... _dS/c_668/

:rotfl: :rotfl:

I likes it, i might get meself one!!

My mum doesnt do thank god.....she knows me well enough to know that i have issues with people invading my space, lol. I dont understand why people think just cause youre preggers, they have the right to grab at your belly and you wont mind?!?!? I have said to OH his mum better watch it, cos one day when she rubs the bump im gonna snap and do it back to her and shout "ALRIGHT DORIS, HOWS YER SPARE TIRE LOVE" and see how she likes it..... :twisted:

How about grabbing her breasts next time she grabs bump? That might get your point across :rotfl:
You're not being silly at all - she is being invasive and thoughtless :hug:

kalia said:
How about grabbing her breasts next time she grabs bump? That might get your point across :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I dont know if i could bring myself to touch them...ive seen her sunbathe topless :puke: :shock:

kalia said:

OMG if you do, get your OH to take pics so we can all see her face!

This thread brings back memories when i had my moan months ago about the same thing!

I worked in the pub and everytime i greeted my customers or gave them a hug as i was friendly with them all they all grabbed the pink bump and omg it used to make me so mad!!!!

So i bought a few t shirts and had quotes printed on to them

'dont touch the bump - ever!'

bump touching makes this mum mad

the bump didnt touch you so dont touch the bump

Had this printed back and front so people got the idea - thy were good fun and a talking point and no one touched it - apart from the odd drunk mate!
I gave them to my pregnant friend who loves them :rotfl: i miss them!

'

maybe next time you could react with "oh - that was uncomfortable" - like something hurt or isnt quite right. Then after that just tell her it is a bit too big and uncomfortable for touching.

or you could just wee on her foot and pretend she pushed bubby into your bladder - that should stop her! :rotfl:

its really annoying and a tad embarrasing but look at it this way..it seems that theyre over excited about the baby and theyre really happy..bring up and excuse or something that it hurts or pull a face of pain when they touch it..theyll soon stop..!

i have the same problem, but mine comes with her calling it "her baby" as if she is carrying him.
I keep saying, its not your baby its my baby!!

The kids at my work were very touchy feely with my bump too. Some compulsion made them want to touch it even after I'd said that we don't touch other people without asking - it got to the stage where one child was even inviting others to touch!

My solution? I told them "it bites". Don't suppose that would work with your MIL? :rotfl:

lol, i think im gonna have to come up with asomething, cos with all the hormones im reacting to things in a really over the top way. Next time she does it im either gonna punch her or burst into tears, :rotfl:

I think i could *just about* cope if it was my mum (but then i find it easier to tell my mum when she's doing my head in....MIL can get very silly and upset over nothing) but the fact that i dont get on with MIL and Fil that well.......when they go for the bump, i feel a bit sick :puke: i wouldnt want them touching me, preggers or not :shakehead:

I think its cos theyve realised that bubs is only a couple of weeks away, in their odd way, they're bonding or something. Ive got a feeling MIL thinks i like it :shock: :puke: :puke: :puke: :roll:

This works a treat..

Anytime someone touches your bump just gasp a little, say ouch...oooo....like you're in pain - dont forget to pull dodgy faces and grimace. Whoever is doing the touching will be far far too scared to touch you again :lol: Evil but works :twisted:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back