My MIL has never ever annoyed me...

LaurenMM

Reaction score
Until this weekend argh!! We took Angel round to visit MIL before we went back to Ireland. Angel was sat on my lap facing her and MIL picked up the butter that was on the table and dipped her finger in it I though WTF is she gonna make Angel lick it or something. Nope, she rub it on her foot and calls the dog over and lets him lick it off. Sorry but that's just f-ing gross, she's never ever annoyed me until now, why on earth would she do that?!

Omg! That is not only gross but what a strange thing to do with a baby!!! Did u say anything hun?

How weird! That's the weirdest thing I've ever heard x

I know I should've, luckily OH feels the same and he came back in the room just as the dog started licking her foot and he said "don't do that mum thats disgusting" she didn't look happy but I'm sorry that's just sick. We've got a dog and I'd never dream of doing that, I'm such a hygiene freak it really bothered me, I plonked her in the shower straight away. Angel is always playing with her feet and she puts her hands in her mouth, makes me feel sick :( just dunno what possessed her to do it, think she thought it might make her laugh xx

Last edited:
Wtf!!!! That is just weird!! What did you say? Lol x

I just went very quiet and pulled her foot away, he could've bitten her as well. It's such a shame because I've always got on with her but that really annoyed me. I think because Angel kept laughing at the dog she thought it might tickle her or something? I don't know either way I'm not happy about it :( xx

I'd b the same coz as u say they put their feet in their mouth and play with them all the time!

I've got confused... I thought you meant she rubbed it on her own foot!!! Don't tell me she rubbed it on Angels foot???? Ugh! Even weirder!!!!!! Why on earth would you even think of doin that? Id have gone mad!! What if the dog had got a tad excited and nipped her toe or something!? X

Omg! That is so gross! Why do grandparents think they can do things like this!?

Noo Pringle she put it on Angels foot and she said watch this and called the dog over and I was like no surely not then OH walked in he did have a word but when I mentioned the dog could've bitten her he said noo he wouldn't but he doesn't know that for sure x

Last edited:
I would've gone mad. A dog is an animal no matter how 'good' and can't be trusted around babies!

Exactly he could've thought it was food or anything. Just really upset by it I feel like I can't trust anyone with her apart from OH of course. Can't trust my own mum as she can't go one night without a drink and can't trust mil because of the dog thing and she just doesn't know her well enough really saddens me :( x

i agree with pinky i would never 100% trust an animal. My parents have a little yorkie who is so good but even so they still call her away if she gets too close to Ella!

I agree we've got a dog she's lovely and good natured but she's not allowed anywhere near Angel and the doors are always closed etc so she can't get near her. I dont think there's anything wrong with family pets but what she did was wrong and she didn't know exactly what the dog would do he could've bitten her for all she knew x

Last edited:
That's terrible, way to teach the dog that your baby's foot tastes like butter! She'll be wrapping her in bacon next.

OMG! That is just weird and wrong! I agree you can never 100% trust any animal! They turn any second. We have a cat and I would never let the cat close enough to lick her, because he might decided to bite. Or I'd never leave them in the same room together or anything.
I would absolutely livid at what your MIL did! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back