Bloody OH

LaurenMM

Reaction score
Went shopping with OH today, I went to get some stuff from the other end and he took Angel round, I met back up with him to find Angel chewing on the flipping shopping list, the bit with f-ing ink on was in her mouth! I said to OH why the fuck are you letting her chew on this shit, basically screamed at him in the middle of Asda. He said he hadn't even noticed and he pulled the paper from her mouth. I don't think she swallowed any but I'm not too sure. I've rang our out of hours docs and they said they don't think it's anything to worry about as it was fountain pen ink and it's water soluble or something like that? Still going mad with worrying and I know I'm gonna be watching her all day and night now :( Honestly I dunno wtf goes through their heads sometimes :(

dont worry, i used to eat paper and ink all the time, i had a habit of chewing on everything i got my hands on til i was about 8! ive eaten pencil shavings, wax crayons. everything imaginable really lol. none of those are poisonous, they just dont taste good. paper tastes nice and is good to chew on from what i remember, kinda nice when it goes pulpy so im not gonna be surprised if Alyssa chews on paper stuff

Thanks bevg I think I was more worried about her choking tbh but I know what you mean. I think I used to be like that too :p x

She's probably going to find far worse things to chew on as she gets a bit older!

I know what u mean Lauren and its hard not to stress but Ethan has chewed the shopping list before and pretty sure he swallowed some paper- he was fine after. I have a friend who's little one is 2 days younger than Ethan and he has chewed on a cardboard beer mat before and the bits came out in his poop! lol!......I keep trying to relax more about stuff like this coz they are gonna pick up all sorts and chew/suck/taste it all in the coming months/years and think I will have no hair left if I dont try and chill about it all now! Am sure she will b ok hun xxx

I wouldn't worry hun, my lo puts absolutely everything in his mouth, and I mean everything. I dont even know where some of it comes from :lol: I know it's scary but you will kind of get used to it :)

Thanks guys. Looking back I think I did overreact a tad to be honest :( think it just shocked me seeing her with a big wedge of paper in her mouth and think OH not noticing just infruriated me a bit :( I do feel kinda bad now tbh xx

Dont feel bad hun- u just love Angel and care about her as only her mummy can! I do stuff like this with OH too but then I end up saying sorry coz I make mistakes too. Just explain to him u panicked and have a nice kiss and cuddle :)

Dont feel bad hun- u just love Angel and care about her as only her mummy can! I do stuff like this with OH too but then I end up saying sorry coz I make mistakes too. Just explain to him u panicked and have a nice kiss and cuddle :)

Thanks hun :( OH felt terrible about it after and it made me feel really bad lol. Just need to chill sometimes I think :p xx

Thanks hun :( OH felt terrible about it after and it made me feel really bad lol. Just need to chill sometimes I think :p xx

Me too- easier said than done at times tho! Dont b too hard on yourself babe x

Lol I'm my own worst enemy sometimes, I think to myself oh imagine what babies put their hands in and swallow a bit of paper is no big deal and then I think shit what if I'm being too relaxed and something happens?! Argh!! x

yeh, its hard to find the right balance i know......guess it just comes with time. Some mums r much more relaxed than I could ever be and some are more uptight.......think im def more on the uptight/paranoid side of things tho!!

If Lewis gets near a bit of paper he tries to put it in his mouth straight away too. This reminds me of the time I walked in to see my oldest boy chewing on a freshly died sofa cover (he was crawling), he had black dye all over his face and around his mouth I was terrified, I called up NHS direct who looked up the ingredients and apparently it wouldn't harm him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back