:(

LaurenMM

Reaction score
Hope you girls don't mind me posting my rant in here :( As many of you know me and my mum don't really get on but recently I thought she'd really starting changing and becoming, well, nice! Well I spoke too soon and she completely blew it again last night :(

I'm going back home for a week at the beginning of April and also a week the end and she said I can just leave Angel with her after the first week since I'm coming back for the last week... nope, she wasnt joking, she was TELLING me to leave Angel with her for like 2/3 weeks...

I said I dont think so to this and she turned around and said "well get used to it because when she's 3 or 4 I'm taking her abroad for a holiday on my own" I laughed and said "I don't think so, there is no way on earth I would ever leave Angel even for one night so what makes you think I'd let anyone take her abroad, for a week without me". She said I've been and done all this before Lauren, you haven't and I said Well you would've never let Nanny or Granddad take me or my sister away abroad from you and she said true but I know loads of people who take their grand children abroad...

1) You don't have any friends who are grand parents
2) I dont give a flying fuck what other people do - thats upto them, you are not taking Angel abroad away from me. Not for one night, not for a few days NEVER.

She just laughed and said "we'll see" and I said no its not fucking funny and we will not see, it is not happening so get the idea out of your head right now and she just kept saying "we'll see".

I also nickname Angel princess or baba and every time I say this she cuts me off and says dont call her princess she won't realise Angel is her name - WTF?!?! and don't say baba because I hate that expression.

Honestly, I am so glad I didnt get my hopes up when she started being nice because it didnt take long for her to hit the bottle and turn back to her bitchy 'I know everything because I've had 2 whole children' ways!

So if I was to ever leave Angel with her for a few hours I'd be worried about her fucking kidnapping her and taking her abroad somewhere. I'm so let down, this woman is supposed to be my mother and my best friend and to tell the truth I only love her purely because she is my mum. That sounds nasty but she proper gets a kick out of winding me up :( and patronising me always telling me what to do with Angel and 'dont do this and dont do that'.

My sister ended up in hospital a year ago from alcohol poisoning and my mum only found at Xmas. Fair enough it was silly of my sister to drink so much but she knows she did wrong and my mum turned around and said these exact words "No sympathy for you, its your own fault the NHS is wasted on people like you and people like you should be shot for it" - my mother said that to my sister and its fucking rich coming from her - a borderline alcoholic who gets a kick out of causing arguements and used to fall asleep, pissed nearly every night while 'caring' for me and my sister. I give up with her. I really do :(

Apologies for swearing. And for the rant :(

Last edited:
If I were you I'd parent the way you want. I'm ALWAYS calling Ty silly names he'll still learn his name. I'd let her comments fly over your head and make sure you keep Angel's passport to yourself until you are ready!!

Hey hun...rant away :) not really sure I can be much help but :hugs:

I'd maybe try and ignore her and just have lots of lovely days with Angel and make yourself busy....im sure she will need you before you need her!

My bf's mum is very much like this and she just let's her do the phoning and the visiting then it's on her terms and in her house! Iykwim!

:hugs: I hope you feel better soon hun xx

Sent from my sparkly new iPhone

Rant away hun I always do ! Like the others girls have said just look after Angel the way u want she is your daughter. And let your mum do all the running she will b the one that ends up missing out not you or Angel hope u feel better soon xxx

Glad you could come here and let off steam. It's awful when someone close to you is unreliable. I agree with the other ladies, you just carry on the way you want. To me all your instincts are perfectly normal and understandable.

I don't blame you for being fed up with her, i mean how many new mums would leave their baby for 3 weeks with anyone? I wouldn't and i trust my mum totally, but there's no way Id want to be parted from Kynon for that long, a few hours is too much for me yet! Does make you wonder how some people think, strange that she didn't let you and your sister go away with your grandparents but expects you to let Angel go!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Oh that's not nice, you need to do what is right for you and bring angel up how you want. Why on earth would your mum think you would want to leave angel with her for a few weeks! Hugs x

Bubba, stinker, scrummy bum, monkey, tinker, cheeky boy, Jackabean .... all the different names me & OH call Jack yet he still knows his name is Jack!

Glad you stood up to her hun, she sounds like a nightmare! x

Omg can't believe she said that to you. So sorry u get treated this way,just ignore her!!! Stick to your guns and tbh don't even let what she says bother u. She's not worth it when she's acting like that and it's not fair u r getting hurt by her words

Hey Lauren- so sorry your mum is giving u such grief......can't believe just how rude and patronising she sounds! It really makes me appreciate my mum a whole lot more! I hope that u can manage to distance yourself from her enough so that u don't have to endure this kind of behaviour coz it's not making your life any easier and being a new mummy is bloody hard work as it is! xxx

Thanks for your support again girls. To be honest I am that used to it it doesnt upset me anymore and I will stick to my guns on this because she is my child and I know I am a good mum to her. She is happy and healthy and I would never leave her for that amount of time - I would struggle for even a day. It just pissed me off because she's my child and I'm her parent and she's telling me that shes taking her away as if its no problem at all and like she has every right to - well over my dead body!! Honestly when she says stuff like that to me, she is pure challenging me, she wants me to snap and swear at her so she can continue her 'poor me' routine. Well I'm not gonna lose my cool with her, if she brings it up again I'll just say the same as I always have, the answer is no and thats final. Thanks again girls. xx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back