My LO won't take his bottle :(

Dinski

Reaction score
My LO is really off his bottle. If I try and feed him he sort of just plays with it in his mouth. He was fed at 3.30am and then again at 12 noon. I tried to feed him between these times but he just didn't want anything. I took his temperature and it is normal and his fontanel is ok. I think I can feel a little tooth coming up on the bottom right but I am concerned that he won't feed as he is already in the lowest percentile as he has very bad reflux that he is taking domperidone and ranitidine for as he spits up constantly and only weighs about 12.5 pounds at 15 weeks! The hospital paediatrician says he is fine and that he is small as me and his dad are small but I feel like I am always worrying about him. At the best of times he doesn't have a big appetite and I just worry that he is going to starve. What can I do to get him to take his bottle??? :(

Poor you and poor little baby- i think you need a hug :hug: maybe you should ask yourself a couple of questions. I will agree with you that it is worrying when a baby wont eat, especially if he is tiny, but you need to think about this:
how long has he been eating (or not) like this?
when he does feed, does he eat well eventually or not?
is he happy and comfortable the rest of the time?

If he is eating well, even if not often, he is probably fine; especially if calm and happy between feeds. In any case if you are worried, maybe you should get a second opinion, I certainly would.

Take care

Lisa

i wouldnt worry hun jayde is very little shes 18 weks and only weighs 12lb 120z but if you are worried i wold go and get a second opionion if i was you :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back