Won't take a bottle anymore!

Sarah13

Reaction score
Hope you all had a good Christmas and new year x
Over Christmas Kynon has decided he won't take a bottle anymore, (prob so mummy can't have any festive drinks!) I've tried different bottles, different times of day but he just screams at it! Any more tips I can try as it would be handy if he could take a bottle now and then as he still feeds so much I can't even go shopping without him let alone get a night out!

Hey Hun I have the same problem with Freya! We've tried so many teats, different times of day and different people and she just refuses point blank :( Id just like to be able to nip to the hairdressers or just to have 5 mins!

Sorry probably not much help but I know how you feel chick xxx

Sent from my sparkly new 4s!!!

Least he's not the only one! My daughter always took both so guess I expected him to as well, it's like hes suddenly realized and can't be fooled anymore! Have you tried giving formula instead of breast milk in the bottle so they think it's something totally different? I've not tried yet but was thinking this could be an option.

Dd you try those bottle that mimic breastfeeding? Mendela has them and maybe sth named breastflow?

My LO rejected bottles from 4 months old, he has always been breastfed but would have a bottle sometimes so I could get some sleep. After that time he would never take a bottle, he will now have milk in a cup but still wouldn't have a bottle! He just wants boob lol

We use the Tommee Tippee (sp.?) closer to nature anti colic ones, she seems to like them but fusses with all other ones, we just discovered these bottles yesterday and I got a decent nights sleep as OH could feed her so I got 6 hours in one go!!! Heaven!!

Hi sarah - I posted the exact same thread a few months ago! I'm afraid to tell you I
Tried everything (except not feeding him until he took bottle) and it didn't work. This is apparently quite a common problem as apparently bf babies start not to like breastmilk in a bottle as it doesn't come out in he stages it does from the breast - thirst quenching, hind milk, thick and creamy etc etc. in a bottle it's all
Mixed so Doesn't satisfy them as much! Sorry I don't have enter news or advice, just sharing my experience :)

It seems like quite a common problem then? I thought it was just my LO being a Madame :) lol

I might try formula next then...I'm just worried she will want that all the time though! I don't want to totally quit bf but to just have the option to do both!

I kinda just assumed she would do it too!

Bless them....they just prefer mummy that's all :) xx

That worries me too Smith1980, don't want him prefering formula! Just strange how he was ok with a bottle 2 weeks ago! Maybe I'll just have to get on with it until he's 6 months or so, don't mind not drinking it's the not going out for longer than 2 hours!

I'm Not sure at this stage formula would Make a difference. For me, I couldn't even get him to suck on the bottle. But if you try and it works let me know! I was the same at first, the nights are a killer, but indont mind so much anymore, I guess I see it as time with him and my job at te
Moment! He stopped taking them at 10 weeks!!!! X

Sorry I'm not much help either, just wanted to say that I too am glad it's not just mine who suddenly went off the bottle. She was great with it one day and then the next she started acting like she was choking on it and would scream if it went near her mouth. I can't even go an hour before she wants another feed during the day.

I had never heard of the ones that mimic breastfeeding. I may have to look into that as she is a moo when it comes to her growth spurts.

That worries me too Smith1980, don't want him prefering formula! Just strange how he was ok with a bottle 2 weeks ago! Maybe I'll just have to get on with it until he's 6 months or so, don't mind not drinking it's the not going out for longer than 2 hours!

I'm the same....drinking doesn't bother me, it's Just having time to nip out now and again or have a break! I assume once I start weaning...she can start to have a training cup then? Not sure how it works? X

Have you tried letting someone else feed LO? Ryan spat out the first one I tried but was happy to take it from OH or my dad!
I haven't tried a bottle for a while though, it may have all changed!

I've ordered one of those meleda bottles, better work it cost £15! I'll let you know how it goes!

I've ordered one of those meleda bottles, better work it cost £15! I'll let you know how it goes!

Good luck chick...let me know how you get on :) I might be ordering one x

Eek! £15!! Does it come with someone who will give it to your baby at 3 am?!? :)

Hope it works :)

xx

I'm going through this too, Colby won't take a bottle anymore either. I went out for my xmas work do (was only away 3 hrs) and he took an oz of expressed milk and then turned his nose up at it. Wee rascal, I had to come home early so he could get fed.

Now I just think, well, in a couple of months I'll be weaning so will stick it out, but agree, would just love to have a break or trip out shopping on my own. I had to get my hair done the other day, so hubby had to come along too, so that I could feed half way through getting my highlights done :lol: (I had some serious roots as hadn't been done in since beginning of Aug)

Well tried the meleda bottle tonight and he screamed at it just the same as all the other bottles! Going to keep trying it though at £15 bloody pounds!

Aw bless ya hun :( were the same and it's so frustrating! I'm just going with what SS said and waiting til we've weaned!! And in the meantime I shall have shit hair lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back