My labour watch thread - he is here :D Birth story in the labour section!

i.love

Reaction score
Well actually nothing is happening just yet :) But I am 37 weeks today (hooray, my baby is now full term!!:dance:), and I want to keep a note of everything happening to me from now on, including early symptoms of labour etc. So I will be updating this thread from time to time :)

My hospital bags are packed (I have 3 - one for me, one for the LO, and one for my husband :) ), and my parents are coming to stay with us in a couple of days.

My TENS machine arrived yesterday. I have bread and ham ready at all times, so I can make sandwiches when things kick off :)

So... I'm pretty much ready. Just need to wait now :roll: :whistle::knit:

Last edited:
Congrats hun! It's a great feeling getting to 37 weeks...............hope u don't have to wait too long for LO............I'm starting to get impatient..............could be another 3 weeks yet :-(

Actually, here is an update number 1.

Recently I started getting a lot of dc (clear and watery, sorry TMI), so on Sun I called the hospital, and was asked to come in to check if it's not my waters leaking. Nope, it wasn't, which is a relieve - I would like my LO to hang on there just a bit longer, at least before my parents arrive :roll:

Was a good practice for me and my husband though - we quickly packed all the last bits and pieces and took the hospital bags with us just in case I needed to be induced. My poor husband was so nervous, bless him :lol: This little test trip made everything feel much more real! :shock:

Was good that I went though - I and my baby got thoroughly checked out, which was nice.

That was good to have a practice run!............Must be nice knowing your parents are coming to stay and support you. Glad that all ok with bubs xx

mum2b410 thanks :) I don't feel too impatient yet, but I'm starting getting a bit uncomfortable with my huge tummy, so I can see that I might not want to wait for another 4-5 weeks! xx

mum2b410 it is nice, but I hope my parents will not be just an additional reason for stress for me! My dad can be rather difficult to feed and keep happy (he sometimes is such a child!), and my mum can be a bit pushy. I hope hope hope that we will be able to live together peacefully for 6 weeks (that's a long time!).

I'm sure my mum's cooking will be very much appreciated though ;)

I just think I'm at the point now where I feel huge, uncomfortable and although I'm scared about labour and knowing what to do when LO gets here I kinda want things to start happening so I know he's on his way!..........So far I've been getting period pains and BH's and feeling hormonal but not had a show or contractions or anything.........I'm not very patient at the best of times, I'm sure you'll be better than me hun! xx

mum2b410 it is nice, but I hope my parents will not be just an additional reason for stress for me! My dad can be rather difficult to feed and keep happy (he sometimes is such a child!), and my mum can be a bit pushy. I hope hope hope that we will be able to live together peacefully for 6 weeks (that's a long time!).

I'm sure my mum's cooking will be very much appreciated though ;)

6 weeks is quite a long time but I'm sure u will appreciate them being around and helping out......especially with stuff round the house! I think my house will look like a bombs hit it after LO is here...........which is not good as I like things to be neat and tidy! :roll:

I just think I'm at the point now where I feel huge, uncomfortable and although I'm scared about labour and knowing what to do when LO gets here I kinda want things to start happening so I know he's on his way!..........So far I've been getting period pains and BH's and feeling hormonal but not had a show or contractions or anything.........I'm not very patient at the best of times, I'm sure you'll be better than me hun! xx

I know exactly how you feel :) I'm not a very patient person either, but I think I might be rather sorry to say goodbye to my lovely bump, so this thought helps me not to wish the LO to arrive too soon! xx

Sounds like you are 100% on top of things well done!! Be checking this thread regularly to see how your getting on.. Great idea to document everything :)

thanks Jayceesmumma :) I hope no one minds if I will be keeping a rather detailed record of things. Even if no one bothers to read this thread, I would quite like to keep these posts for myself for later, as I'm sure I'll forget lots of things with time! xx

Ooh good luck with your last couple of weeks, I'll be stalking this thread for any signs its starting! :)

Ahh so exciting hon and a good idea to have everything documented, will be good for you to look back on and also useful to others on here to compare x x

Bunnykins thanks :))

Bella2 I also thought that maybe some girls would find it useful - there are always questions about early signs of labour! Well if I get any, I'll def document them :)

hi girls :) just a little update - I had really bad period pains on Fri... No idea what started them or what they were all about. I was sitting in a car for some time without moving, which probably didn't help... All stopped as suddenly as it started though.

apart from that everything is quiet here :) My parents have arrived, and everything is going well so far. We went for a walk in the city today and got a very nice cot (before we only had a crib) :)

Aww this is a really good thread! I'm starting to get impatient + uncomfortable now and I still cant get my head around the fact I'm more likely to go overdue :( I really really dont wanna be induced so I've started trying the old wives tales and so far nothing has happened at all sadly :( Like you though I've been getting pains in my tummy and my back for a few weeks now and my dc has increased quite a bit so hopefully things will start moving soon :) Its really cool you've got your parents there for support, mine can only come for 4 days apparently :( xx

I've had bad period pains on and off the last couple of days again, and yesterday felt really sick too............MIL thought I was gonna go into labour last night (as she said this is how she was before she had my OH) but alas no......LO is still tucked up! Felt a bit better this morning but then again felt sick and period pains this afternoon/evening. It's so hard not knowing when things will get going for real isn't it?! xxx

Aww this is a really good thread! I'm starting to get impatient + uncomfortable now and I still cant get my head around the fact I'm more likely to go overdue :( I really really dont wanna be induced so I've started trying the old wives tales and so far nothing has happened at all sadly :( Like you though I've been getting pains in my tummy and my back for a few weeks now and my dc has increased quite a bit so hopefully things will start moving soon :) Its really cool you've got your parents there for support, mine can only come for 4 days apparently :( xx

LaurenMM I know how you feel - I'm starting getting a bit uncomfortable now too! Why do you think you will be overdue? Because this is your first, or is there some other reason?

I guess it is cool to have my parents here... in a way... but my dad is already starting to drive me nuts :( I love my parents, they are great, but he is such a child sometimes! Yesterday he sulked all evening because I didn't give him beer, while he is not allowed it (he has a special diet because of heart problems). How childish is that? Just what I needed now - to have a big naughty child to worry about.

Sorry for a moan...

I've had bad period pains on and off the last couple of days again, and yesterday felt really sick too............MIL thought I was gonna go into labour last night (as she said this is how she was before she had my OH) but alas no......LO is still tucked up! Felt a bit better this morning but then again felt sick and period pains this afternoon/evening. It's so hard not knowing when things will get going for real isn't it?! xxx

mum2b410 funny you said that because I also felt sick while I had my period pains, but I didn't think those things were related (I thought it had smth to do with the fact that I had 2 chocolate eclairs for dinner :roll: :lol:).

I was also getting a bit nervous when I had those pains, as we were actually on the way to the airport to pick up my parents. This could be a very wrong time for things to start happening :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back