My Labour & Birth Thread

Lauren92

Reaction score
In this thread, I will keep you lot updated on my labour, and eventually, birth.

I am not in labour yet (at least I don't think so, I've been having some intense twinges...), but it will be very soon my MW thinks, perhaps even within the hour!

I'm going for a home birth, so I'll keep updating it for as long as I can, then I'll instruct the hubby to take over when I can't.

Hopefully this thread will be receiving some major updates soon! But we'll just have to wait and see...

For now I'll try and get some :nap: but maybe I'll get woken up by the sweet feeling of contractions! :)

For the last 30 minutes or so I've been having twinges every 5 minutes, which I hadn't thought much of, but the last one lasted a bit longer than a sharp twinge, it was a bit like... Dare I say it, a contraction!?

Can contractions start off as twinges ?

How exciting - labour watch!!! Contractions do start off as "twinges" and turn into "grade 10 agony" lol.....unless of course you are one of the lucky ones!! Try and rest as much as you can tonight while things are mild - you need your energy for later on

I had my contractions through the night and took paracetamol and had my ipod on as it helped me zone out a bit. Youll find youll drift in and out of sleep but its well worth trying to stay in bed and relaxing as long as possible :D

I love labour watches and I love home birth labour watches even more. The jealously is unbearable though lol.

For the last 30 minutes or so I've been having twinges every 5 minutes, which I hadn't thought much of, but the last one lasted a bit longer than a sharp twinge, it was a bit like... Dare I say it, a contraction!?

Can contractions start off as twinges ?

Yes they can !! Especially early on !! I was getting them from 10pm on the friday night and was feeling uncomfy sitting, so had to sit on one bum cheek lol ! Then it dissapeared. Got up in the morning ( the morning i was due to go for induction) was in the living room and felt really uncomfy sitting (like something was inbetween my legs, also was getting tightnings and really intense twinges but brushed it off (this was at 09.30) then at 10/10:30am I got buckled in two with this severe "twinge", it actually brought tears to my eyes, then I knew, i'm on lift off lol!!

Good luck !!!

I would relax if my hubby wasn't being so nervous :lol:

He's sitting next to me now resting his head on my bump, which is fine, but every time I move my position in the slightest he jumps up and asks me if I'm OK, am I in pain, can he do anything, should he call the MW again, etc etc...

I know he's just worrying, but it isn't necessary!

All I want is a bottle of water and peace :lol:

Oh, and they are proper contractions now, and lasting for 22 seconds, and coming every 4 minutes.

I should be thinking - Oh my God, 4 minutes apart!? But with Jack I was having contractions 3 minutes apart for 19 hours before it reached "Aaaaaaaahhhhh!" stage, but this could be different. Who knows!

ooh things are definitely happening ! how exciting ! and august mum ur right ! uber jealous !! x

didn't you have a thread about how to bring on labour?! Let us know what worked... obviously at a more convenient time lol!

Best wishes to you and for a great birth experience!

xx

I honestly don't know what worked...

It could've been anything!

They're still at 4 minutes, but a bit more intense now...

:( Sorry to disappoint you guys, but I haven't had a contraction for about 10 minutes now.

I'll wait a little longer, but I think it was a false labour :(

They were getting so intense too :(

Last edited:
How's things this morning Hun? good luck xx

How are you this morning?

Even if it was false labour your body has kind of kick started you a bit now so hopefully it wont be long until the real thing :hug:

Hope things have progressed nicely for you over night

Nope, no change. I went to sleep in the early hours, and slept all the way through to 11am!

I feel so refreshed, but no pains what so ever...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back