My hair won't get clean?!

Lulu_Laroo

Reaction score
It's so annoying! It never used to be like this! Even straight after I've washed it, my hair doesn't feel clean and is still greasy underneath. I colour my hair every few months and so I use a shampoo & conditioner for coloured hair. Can anyone help? I use hot water and try and rinse for ages but nothing works! :(

I know it sounds odd but I was told to use washing up liquid and it really works. Only downside is washing up liquid is suppose to help remove hair dye but hasn't touched mine xx

My hair has been exactly the same, since having ella it feels greasy as soon as its washed!! hopefully somebody can shed some light...

Don't use washing up liquid!
Use a citrus based shampoo-orange,lemon etc
Then when u wash try not to massage your scalp and wash ur hair with shampoo twice. Then only apply conditioner to the mid lengths and ends-avoid the roots completely x

Oh and batiste dry shampoo is really good for inbetween days x

Mine is the same!!! I was only complaining to my mum about this today!!! It's just horrible at the moment I cant do nothing with it it's either falling out or greasy, or both!!

Don't use washing up liquid!
Use a citrus based shampoo-orange,lemon etc
Then when u wash try not to massage your scalp and wash ur hair with shampoo twice. Then only apply conditioner to the mid lengths and ends-avoid the roots completely x

Why not? The salon told me to use it to strip the old dye out of my hair.

Hair is naturally acidic-washing up liquid is alkaline,so is perm and hair remover! If it's capable of stripping colour then think what it does to the condition of your hair x

Hair is naturally acidic-washing up liquid is alkaline,so is perm and hair remover! If it's capable of stripping colour then think what it does to the condition of your hair x

Thanks, my hair has been falling out loads recently, could the washing up liquid have anything to do with it?

Hair naturally falls out a few months after havin a baby-mines only just stopped.
Washing up liquid is likely to make your hair quite dry and porous x

Thanks.. i actually bought a clarifying shampoo (Boots own product biuld-up remover) and it has worked wonders! But thanks for your answers :)

I think you must try a shampoo for dry hairs.But try using good quality products.

Can someone help me with this?!.......

My hair is very thick, I only need to wash it once a week & even at that, it never ever looks greasy, but it feels it...so I wash it once & rinse, then wash again & rinse & after its dried, it still feels greasy...I duno where im going wrong, i'm only putting conditioner right at the bottom (my hair is long) & im washing it off properly.

This only started after I had LO...never had it before. Tried 3 different shampoo brands!!

Please help!!!

xxxxxx

What shampoo and conditioner are you using? Ideally you should be using a cleansing 1-herbal essences do a nice 1 xx

The 2 that i've used are Tesco frequent use shampoo & the one before that was a brand one that i cant mind the name of...maybe timotei?

So do you think its not actually getting cleaned enough? Would 2 washes not do the trick?? Never heard of a cleansing shampoo before, thot they all did same thing.

xxxxxxx

My hair is really fussy with shampoos. The best I've used are herbal essences and head & shoulders, they always leave my hair feeling proper cleaned. The worst I've used are pantenne & timotei (sp?), both of them made my hair feel like it was coated in something xxx

Yeah thats how this felt, I actually had to wash my hands after drying my hair...:shock: It was white stuff, as if I hadn't washed it out right...but I had. Need to get ahold of some of this cleansing stuff

xxxxxxxx

i used to have this problem and my hairdresser told me it was because of an ingredient in most shampoos called 'Dimethicone' basically its a derivative of silicone and this can make your hair feel greasy. The best thing to do is look for a shampoo that has either no dimethicone, or its so far down on the ingredients list that the content of it is really tiny.

Fairy washing up liquid is the best... mine will be seeing the fairy bottle aswell tomorrow as my hairs disgusting, ordered some new straightners to before, so no greasness of used plates :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back